Mind and Body
The ability to identify physical and psychological needs, manage a range of emotions and be aware of the physical body's needs, limitations, and potential.
Ways to Enhance this Dimension
- Apply knowledge of nutrition, fitness, personal hygiene, and health care in one's daily life.
- Choose behaviors and environments that reduce risk and promote a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Make informed, responsible decisions related to alcohol and other substances.
- Maintain a sexually responsible lifestyle.
- Be responsible for one's personal safety.
- Seek a realistic understanding of one's strengths and weaknesses.
- Acknowledge how thoughts and feelings affect well-being.
- Form appropriate strategies for managing stress.
Related Programs and Services
- Health Services
- Health Education & Outreach
- Counseling & Consultation Services
- Dining Services (Fresh and Healthy)
- Butler Nutrition Services
- Butler University Police
- Peers Advocating Wellness for Students (PAWS)
- Greek Educators, Advocates, and Resources (GEAR)
- Physical Well Being Courses (PWB)
- Center for Faith and Vocation