New Student Requirements
Physical Exam, Immunizations, Health History, TB Questionnaire and Health Insurance
Butler University is committed to maintaining a healthy campus community and part of that initiative begins at admission. Please provide all documentation in English.
We require all domestic undergraduate and international students to submit:
- Physical exam:
- The required physical is to be performed and signed by a Medical Provider. The physical needs to have occurred within the last 12 months. This can be submitted on this form or your doctor’s form. You can have a physical at health services once you are on campus if needed, call to schedule 317-940-9385.
- Immunization records on official medical office letterhead or state immunization registry stationary. See the back of the Physical Exam form for details.
- This is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Fax 317-940-6403.
- Online Web Portal myhealth.butler.edu, Once you have your Butler ID and sign on:
- Health history online
- TB questionnaire online
How to Proceed
Log onto myhealth.butler.edu and select "Forms" on the blue menu bar.
These tasks are due to Health Services prior to beginning classes by August 1 for fall admission or January 1 for spring admission. Records are reviewed for immunization compliance, medications, allergies, chronic diseases, or medical conditions that might require special attention while you are a student at Butler University.
Health Services is committed to collaborating with our other University partners to provide a safe and healthy campus experience for our students attending the University. This review occurs over the first few weeks of each semester. If you have a medical condition that has special requirements or accommodation needs please contact Student Disability Services for additional support. Our records are only shared with your permission.
Health Insurance is Mandatory
This is an Annual Requirement
It has been a long-standing policy of the University to require that students possess health insurance while attending Butler University. This policy protects a family’s investment should unexpected medical issues arise. We also know that people seek healthcare at earlier stages when they possess insurance. Early assessment and treatment is particularly important in a highly residential environment such as our campus.
- Full-time, degree-seeking undergraduates are required to possess health insurance comparable to the University-sponsored plan.
- Graduate students with 6 credits or more are eligible for the Butler-sponsored insurance and must participate in the annual online waiver process.
- International undergraduates must enroll in the University-sponsored plan (with the exception of ISEP participants). International graduate students are eligible to enroll in the plan.
We collect students’ health insurance information via an online process. On an annual basis all undergraduates and graduates, as stated above, will be requested to either provide their existing health insurance or enroll in the University-sponsored program. Students who take no action by the August billing date will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the University-sponsored plan. The charge may be removed by visiting the website and completing the insurance waiver form by established deadlines.
Details on the University-sponsored student injury and sickness plan is available on our Student Health Insurance.
Please see the Student Health Insurance page for a timeline and list of deadlines. If Health Services does not receive the information, if the information is incomplete or immunizations are required, a hold will be placed on a student’s account on August 1. Please fax (317-940-6403), scan/email (email@example.com), or mail a copy of the official immunization record to Butler Health Services, 530 W. 49th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46208.
Health Services takes the following steps prior to placing a hold on student registration:
- Audit all Records for completeness
- Sends personalized messages to students about deficient/s
- Send a series of broadcast emails to all students through the Butler Connection email system regarding the possibility of a hold due to missing information reminding them to check their health record status through the MyHealth portal
Avoid Going On HOLD
- If Health Services does not receive all the required information or it is incomplete, a hold will be placed on the students Butler account and you will not be able to complete registration for the following semester until requirements are met.
- Registration for the following semester's classes will be placed on hold if health information and immunization records are not up-to-date, complete or on file with Health Services by established deadlines.
- We will not be able to take a hold off until all information in the Record is complete
Avoid LATE CHARGES or unexpected charges on your E-Bill
- Failure to complete the required: PE, Immunization record, Online Questionnaires and Health Insurance Waiver process may result in a $25 late charge per requirement.
- DUE DATES:
August 1 for Physical Exam (PE), Immunizations, Online Questionnaires and Insurance Waiver to avoid late charges going on your E-Bill
January 1 for Physical Exam (PE) ), Immunizations, Online Questionnaires and Insurance Waiver to avoid late charges going on your E-Bill
Due to FERPA/HIPAA regulations, all communication regarding the student’s health information must be with the student.
Medical and Religious Exemptions
Please contact Health Services at 317-940-9385 or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.