Headspace Registration and Frequently Asked Questions
Butler students are eligible for a free Headspace account. Click here to register for your account.
Many frequently asked questions are answered below by Headspace . If you do not see the answer you need, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact on-campus administrator, Beth Lohman, email@example.com.
Signing up for Headspace is a 3-step process: Sign up/Log In, Verify and Finish. If you’re new to Headspace, you can sign up for an account by following the below instructions. You can also link an existing account by following the instructions below.
- Visit Butler's unique enrollment page
- Fill in the requested information and click “Sign up”
- Verify your account by entering the email address associated with your organization
- Note: If your organization uses employee ID for verification, you will need to enter your unique ID for that organization and your last name
- New members will receive two emails: one to confirm your new Headspace account, and one to verify your organization email address
- Download the Headspace app in the iOS App Store or Google Play Store
- Open the app and log in using your Headspace login details
- Get some Headspace
Yes, If you’re already a Headspace user, you can link your existing account. Follow the below instructions:
- Visit your organization’s unique enrollment page
- Click “Login”
- Enter your existing Headspace login information
- Verify your account by entering the email address associated with your organization
● Note: If your organization uses employee ID for verification, you will need to enter your unique ID for that organization and your last name
Please Note: If you purchased an individual membership directly through our site, your Headspace Plus auto-renew was turned off automatically. If you have a student plan, family plan, or signed up through Apple iTunes, Google Play, or Spotify you will need to turn off auto-renew to cancel your billing and avoid being charged. See instructions below.
If you purchased a Headspace Plus annual subscription on Headspace.com within 30 days, you
can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund.
- If you purchased your Headspace subscription via the Google Play Store and you wish to submit a refund request, please email email@example.com with your Google Play
- Order ID (begins with GPA) or the email address associated with your Google Play account.
- If you purchased your Headspace subscription via iTunes, this request will be subject to the iTunes Terms of Service. You’ll need to contact iTunes directly with your request by visiting https://support.apple.com/contact
- If you purchased your Headspace subscription via the Spotify Bundle, this request will be subject to the Spotify Terms of Conditions of Use. You’ll need to contact Spotify directly https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/
- If you made an annual purchase more than 30 days ago, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We can provide you a complimentary 1-year voucher to share with a friend or family member.
If you’re currently a Headspace Plus member with an individual plan and you signed up
through Apple iTunes, Google Play, or Spotify you will need to turn off auto-renew to cancel
your billing and avoid being charged. See instructions below.
If you need additional help, please contact email@example.com.
If you are currently enrolled in a headspace Family Plan, you will need to leave the Family Plan or you will continue to take up a spot in the plan. Your family plan owner has to remove you from the plan. Only the Family plan owner will be able to delete someone from the Family plan. Upon doing this, the family member who has been deleted will receive an email confirming these details. This opens the spot for a new family member to be added.
To remove a member from your Family plan, please follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.headspace.com/family/manage
- Click the "X" button to the right of your family member's email address
I am currently the owner of a family plan, how will my enrollment in Headspace for work affect my other members?
If you are the owner of a family plan and enroll in Headspace for Work, you will continue to be billed for the annual Family Plan subscription unless you turn off auto-renew.
If you close your Family plan account or turn-off auto renew all members in your Family Plan will lose access to their Headspace Plus membership through the Family Plan Account once
your subscription expires.
If you are enrolled in Headspace for Work and close your Family Plan Account, you will continue to have access to Headspace Plus through Headspace for Work and don’t need to take any further action.
If you wish to cancel your Family Plan, turn off auto renew by:
- Visit https://www.headspace.com/subscription/manage
- Log into your account
- Select "TURN OFF AUTO RENEWAL".
- If the button is not there, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
If you do not turn off auto-renew and keep your family plan, you will continue to have access
to Headspace Plus should you leave your organization.
Yes you can connect your student plan to Headspace for Work. However, you will need to turn
off auto pay or your billing will continue.
To turn off auto pay:
How do I cancel my currently Headspace Plus Subscription if I paid with Apple iTunes, Google Play, or the Spotify Bundle?
Cancellation steps can differ, depending on where you subscribed (directly through us, Apple App Store or Google Play Store). Please review below to see the steps that apply to you:
If you purchased your subscription from our website:
- Log in to your account from a desktop or mobile browser (not the mobile app) at
- www.headspace.com .
- Visit https://www.headspace.com/subscription/manage and click/tap "TURN OFF
- AUTO RENEWAL".
- If the button is not there, please send an email to email@example.com. We can help.
If you purchased your subscription via Apple App Store:
- Open the Settings app
- Scroll down to "iTunes and App Store"
- Tap Your AppleID Email
- Select "View AppleID" (You may be asked to log in)
- Tap "Subscriptions"
- Select the Headspace subscription
- Tap "Cancel Subscription" to disable it from auto-renewing at the end of the current billing cycle.
If you purchased your subscription via Google Play Store:
- Open the Google Play Store
- Tap Menu (3 small horizontal lines) next to "Google Play"
- Tap Account and then Subscriptions
- Find the subscription you want to cancel
- Tap Cancel
If you purchased your subscription via Spotify:
- Visit https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription and log in to view your Spotify subscription information
- Manage your payments or cancel by visiting the "Subscription" section of your account
If you need more help with this, please visit Spotify's Help Page or contact them directly at
If the app is running slowly or freezing, we would suggest to first try reinstalling the app on your device:
- From your home screen, uninstall the app by holding down on the app icon until it starts wobbling. Then, tap on the 'x' in the upper left-hand corner of the icon to delete. 2. Turn your iPhone off and then back on. This is important. 1. Download the app again by visiting the App Store and searching for 'Headspace'. Press the cloud icon or 'Install' to re-download.
- Sign back into your app.
A strong WiFi connection is important to ensure downloads are fast and seamless. If you are
still experiencing issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the make, model,
and operating system of your device.
Anyone over 13 can use subscriptions on their own.
For under 13 year olds, the Kids Packs are included in your subscription and you can use these
with kids without interruption in your own progress. We strongly advise that no children under
13 use the app without the supervision of a parent / guardian / teacher.
You can play any of your Headspace meditation sessions offline by using our mobile app for
iOS or Android devices. While online, simply select and pre-download your sessions for offline
To change your account details such as your email address, simply log into your Headspaceaccount at www.headspace.com/login.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the screen (or select the 'Profile' tab on a mobile browser) and then select ‘My Account’
- Scroll down the page and click ‘Edit.’ From there you may update your new email address.
- Once you’ve entered your new email address, be sure to click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page
To update your password, simply log into your Headspace account at www.headspace.com/login.
- Go to your name in the top right corner of the screen (or the ‘Profile’ tab on a mobile browser) and then click on the ‘My Account’ section
- Scroll down the page and then click on ’Change.’ From the new screen that appears, you will be able to update your password and click ‘Save.’
Any employee left off the eligibility file will automatically move to the free version of Headspace. You can choose to continue by paying for a Headspace Plus subscription at the standard rate of $69.99 a year. You’ll get a cancellation email to alert you.
If you had a paid membership prior to joining a Headspace for Work account, your Headspace Plus membership will not automatically restart. You will need to go through the sign-up process again (in some cases using a voucher code that Headspace has provided).
Apple iOS or Android devices: This can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes App or Google Play Store respectively. For the optimum experience, we recommend using an iOS device with iOS 9.0 or later. Android devices will require operating system 4.0 or later. For tablets, the Headspace app can be used on any iPad with iOS 9 or later, and any Android tablet with Android 4.0 or later (including Kindle Fire tablets). Headspace also integrates with the Apple Health App and Apple Watch.
Web Browser: Headspace is optimized to run on the latest versions of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
Please Note: While you can using Headspace.com on your tablet’s browser, for the best experience, please download the Headspace app through the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store.
Headspace is available in English, German, Spanish, and French. To change your language in the app:
- Tap on your name/profile in the bottom right
- Tap the settings wheel in the top right
- Tap "Language"
- Select your desired language
- Tap "Got It" in the popup window notifying you that “your language settings are updated.”
- All content currently available in your selected language will appear in the app. And all content not in your selected language will be removed.
To change your language on the website:
- Click your name/profile in the top right
- Click "Account"
- To the right of "Language" click "Change"
- Select your desired language
- Click "Got It"
- All content currently available in your selected language will appear in your online portal. And all content not in your selected language will be removed.
Please Note: Updating your language within the app or website will update your language settings across all your devices. You only need to update one or the other.
The Headspace Support Team is available 7 days a week, and we offer two options to reach us:
- Email: email@example.com (We aim to reply quickly, so you won't have to wait too long for a response!)
- Live Chat: If you see the orange "Chat" bubble on the bottom right-hand corner of the page, click/tap on it! (Our Support Team offers Live Chat throughout the day during peak times.)