Guest Housing at Butler University
This Magnificent English Colonial home, built in the year 1929, is nestled on the banks of the White River and Indianapolis Central Canal in a town that was known as Shooters Hill until 1951. Acquired by Butler University in 2018, the house is host to guests of Butler, Christian Theological Seminary (CTS), and the Indianapolis community. It is the focal point of University Event's newly developing guest housing options at Butler University, and host to a variety of events. These events have included departmental retreats and alumni wine and dessert tasting gatherings. With new life and daily upgrades, the Hospitality House will serve the community of Butler University families, visitors, and guests for years to come!
49th Street Duplex
- $170.00 per night (1-2 nights)
- $145.00 for 3-6 nights
- $100.00 for 7-27 nights
- $70.00 for 28+ nights
Room with private bathroom
- $90.00 per night (1-2 nights)
- $80.00 for 3-6 nights
- $60.00 for 7-27 nights
- $40.00 for 28+ nights
Room with shared hall bathroom
- $80.00 per night (1-2 nights)
- $70.00 for 3-6 nights
- $55.00 for 7-27 nights
- $35.00 for 28+ nights
Upgraded room 204
- $110.00 per night (1-2 nights)
- $90.00 for 3-6 nights
- $80.00 for 7-27 nights
- $60.00 for 28+ nights
Upgraded room 308
- $130.00 per night (1-2 nights)
- $110.00 for 3-6 nights
- $100.00 for 7-27 nights
- $80.00 for 28+ nights
Full payment is due in advance as no transactions can be handled by on site staff at time of check-in or check-out. Payment may be made by the following methods:
- Butler University Departmental Account (not a Butler Student Account)
- Major Credit Card
The house is a duplex with two completely separate, but identical sides. A guest is booked in one side of the house. No other guests would be assigned to that side of the duplex; however the opposite side may be used by others.
Furnished living room, complete with flat panel HD-TV with basic cable included, Blu-Ray/DVD player and queen sleeper sofa (bedding provided, upon request)
Fully equipped kitchen, including Keurig individual coffee maker, basic cooking items and dinnerware
The Indy bedroom with queen size bed (bedding provided), HD-TV, chest of drawers, nightstand, closet, lamp and alarm clock
Butler bedroom with queen size bed (bedding provided), dresser, closet, lamp and alarm clock
Bathroom (towels provided)
Free WiFi internet service
Full-sized “HE” washer and dryer in the basement, free for guests to use
Completely nonsmoking facility, pets are not permitted
Arrangements can be made for parking on campus
Ample storage space in living room closet and in the basement
On campus Butler University Police officers available for emergencies 24 hours per day
You should submit the reservation form if you would like to request space and check availability. Space goes quickly; please make reservations as far in advance as possible. Internal reservations paying with a Departmental Account should be requested in EMS.
- Check-in will take place at the Butler University Police Department (525 Hampton). Check-in is no earlier than 5:00 PM.
- Valid identification must be provided at time of check-in.
- To check-out, keys must be deposited in the blue key box located outside of the front door by noon on the date of check-out or there will be a $300 key replacement charge.
- There is no daily cleaning of the house. It is expected that the guests will maintain acceptable level of cleanliness while staying, including washing bed linens, towels, dishes, etc. on a weekly basis. Housekeeping will complete the routine cleaning, change beds, etc. upon check out.
- Cleaning or repair/replacement charges may be billed for damage, missing or broken items, or excessive messes left by guests.
- Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house. Guests will be asked to vacate if evidence of smoking or pets is discovered and an additional cleaning fee will be charged.
- All applicable University and University Events polices will be followed by all guests.
- Parking is located in the garage one block from the house. Guests will be responsible for any parking citations.