The Guest House on 49th
Just steps away from Butler’s front door.
We are very pleased to offer a fully renovated duplex house for guests of the University. The house is conveniently located on 49th Street, across the street from Hinkle Fieldhouse. This is an excellent option for departments who bring guests to campus for extended periods of time such as visiting faculty. Depending on availability, the house may be rented for shorter stays by members of the Butler community.
Click on the rooms linked below for a picture!
Features & Amenities
The house is a duplex with two completely separate, but identical sides. A guest is booked in one side of the house. No other guests would be assigned to that side of the duplex; however the opposite side may be used by others.
- Furnished living room, complete with flat panel HD-TV with basic cable included, Blu-Ray/DVD player and queen sleeper sofa (bedding provided, upon request)
- Fully equipped kitchen, including Keurig individual coffee maker, basic cooking items and dinnerware
- Access to the Apartment Village’s extensive DVD library
- The Indy bedroom with queen size bed (bedding provided), HD-TV, chest of drawers, nightstand, closet, lamp and alarm clock
- Butler bedroom with queen size bed (bedding provided), dresser, closet, lamp and alarm clock
- Bathroom (towels provided)
- Free WiFi internet service
- Free one day pass to Butler’s Heath & Recreation Complex for each guest
- Full-sized “HE” washer and dryer in the basement, free for guests to use
- Completely nonsmoking facility, pets are not permitted
- Arrangements can be made for parking on campus
- Ample storage space in living room closet and in the basement
- On campus staff available for emergencies 24 hours per day, including Butler University Police officers
Either side of the guest house is booked as “private” just to the guest(s) who reserve. The charges are per night for one side of the duplex, not per person. No additional booking fees will be added to these rates.
- 1-2 nights is $110 per night
- 3-6 nights is $90 per night
- 7-27 nights is $60 per night
28 or more nights is $30 per night
Full payment is due in advance as no transactions can be handled by on site staff at time of check-in or check-out. Payment may be made by the following methods:
- Butler University Departmental Account (not a Butler Student Account)
- Major Credit Card
General questions, as well as questions of availability, should be directed to University Events at 317-940-9352 or by email to email@example.com.
You should submit the reservation form only if you have checked on availability as explained above. Space goes quickly; please make reservations as far in advance as possible. Internal reservations paying with a Departmental Account should be requested in EMS.
Terms and Conditions
- Check-in will take place at the Apartment Village Front Desk in the Dawghouse (5026 Boulevard Place). During the normal academic year, check-in is no earlier than 4:00 PM and can be done until the desk closes at midnight. Break times and summer check-ins should be arranged in advance.
- Valid identification must be provided at time of check-in.
- To check-out, keys must be returned to the Front Desk by 11:30 AM on the date of check-out or there will be a $300 key replacement charge.
- There is no daily cleaning of the house. It is expected that the guests will maintain acceptable level of cleanliness while staying, including washing bed linens, towels, dishes, etc. on a weekly basis. Housekeeping will complete the routine cleaning, change beds, etc. upon check out.
- Cleaning or repair/replacement charges may be billed for damage, missing or broken items, or excessive messes left by guests.
- Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house. Guests will be asked to vacate if evidence of smoking or pets is discovered and an additional cleaning fee will be charged.
- All applicable University and University Events polices will be followed by all guests.
- Parking may require the purchase of a permit. Guests will be responsible for any parking citations.