Department Chairs & Deans for Study Abroad
Please use this as a guide as you contact Department Chairs or other appropriate faculty members for course approvals. The Center for Global Education will email you to:
1. Indicate that you can start getting official course approvals
2. Inform you of the process for that term
Once you receive that email, you can move forward with obtaining approvals/signatures for your semester or summer abroad. This will likely be in mid- to late October for the following spring semester and mid- to late March for the following summer term and fall semester.
Andre B. Lacy School of Business
- Associate Dean, Dr. Bill Templeton, 317-940-9419, Dougan Hall, room 455F
- Advising for Study Abroad Programs in Germany only - Robert Bennett, 317-940-9502, Dougan Hall, room 440
College of Communication
- Associate Dean, Dr. Suzanne Reading, 317-940-9492 Fairbanks Building, room 218C
- Music Industry/Creative Media & Entertainment/Web Design & Development/Sports Media/Journalism, Dr. Lee Farquhar, 317-940-3280, Fairbanks Building , room 008
- Communication & Media Studies, Organizational Communication and Leadership, Critical Communication & Media Studies, Dr. Ann Savage, 317-940-5974, Fairbanks Building, room 254
- Communication Sciences & Disorders, Dr. Tonya Bergeson, 317-940-5975, Jordan Hall, room 246K
- Strategic Communication, Dr. Abbey Levenshus, 317-940-9823, Fairbanks Building, room 238
After all departmental approvals have been obtained, communication courses need to be approved by Dr. Reading.
College of Education
Assistant Dean, Dr. Angela Mager, 317-940-9963, South Campus Main Building, Room 105
All education courses must first be approved by your academic advisor within COE.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- African Studies, Dr. Robin Turner, 317-940-8559, Jordan Hall, room 347C
- Biological Sciences, Dr. Phillip Villani, 317-940-8334, Holcomb Building, room 165
- Chemistry, Dr. Geoffrey Hoops, 317-940-9147, Holcomb Building, room 325
- Computer Science, Dr. Jonathan Sorenson, 317-940-9765, Fairbanks Building, room 142
- Engineering, Jessica McCormick, 317-940-9859, Holcomb Building, room 341A
- English, Dr. Lee Garver, 317-940-9859, Jordan Hall, room 309
- History and Anthropology, Dr. Vivian Deno, 317-940-9681, Jordan Hall, Room 382A
- Interdisciplinary Programs:
- Race, Gender & Sexuality Studies, Dr. Terri Carney, 317-940-8438, Jordan Hall, room 391A
- International Studies, Dr. Elise Edwards, 317-940-9743, Jordan Hall, room 382A
- Peace & Conflict Studies, Dr. Robin Turner, 317-940-8559, Jordan Hall, room 347C
- STES (Science, Technology, & Environmental Studies), Dr. Carmen Salsbury, 317-940-9879, Holcomb Building, room 152
- Mathematics & Actuarial Science, Dr. Scott Kaschner, 317-940-8975, Jordan Hall, room 270A
- Modern Languages, Literatures & Cultures (all languages), Dr. Eloise Sureau, 317-940-9588, Jordan Hall, room 388
- Philosophy, Religion, and Classics, Dr. Tiberiu Popa, 317-940-9052, Jordan Hall, room 202C
- Physics and Astronomy, Dr. Gonzalo Ordonez, 317-940-8310, Holcomb Building, room 261
- Political Science, Dr. Robin Turner, 317-940-8559, Jordan Hall, room 347C
- Psychology, Dr. Joel Martin, 317-940-9871, Jordan Hall, room 288
- Sociology & Criminology, Dr. Stephen Barnard, 317-940-8077, Jordan Hall, room 371C
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Pharmacy Program Director, Dr. Kimberly Beck, 317-940-9325, Pharmacy & Health Sciences Building, room 313C
All Pharmacy courses need to be approved by Dr. Beck.
Jordan College of the Arts
- Associate Dean, Wendy Meaden, 317-940-9961, Lilly Hall, room 138
- Art, Steve Nyktas, Chair, 317-940-3054, Jordan College Annex, room 111A
- Arts Administration: Brenda Johnston, Chair, 317-940-6043, Lilly Hall, room 019
- Dance, Larry Attaway, 317-940-9662, Lilly Hall, room 052
- Music, David Murray, 317-940-9988, Lilly Hall, room 225
- Theatre, Diane Timmerman, 317-940-9875 Lilly Hall, room 161
Core Approval for Study Abroad
- AR—Contact the department teaching the class, such as MA, CS.
- GHS—Contact the GHS Director, Dr.Ageeth Sluis , 317-940-9045, Jordan Hall, room 349
- NW—Contact the department teaching the class, such as BI, PS.
- Contact department of English for PCA-EN courses
- For all other PCA courses, contact Associate Dean of JCA Wendy Meaden, 317-940-9961, Lilly Hall, room 138
- PWB—Contact the College of Education, Dr. Mindy Welch, 317-940-9550, Hinkle Fieldhouse, room 1227
- SW—Contact the department teaching the class, such as SO, JR, COB, PO, etc.
- TI—Contact the department teaching the class, such as CL, EN, PL, RL, STS, etc.
- ICR—Contact the department teaching the class, such as CL, EN, PL, RL, STS, etc.
Faculty Director of the Core Curriculum, TBD, contact email@example.com.
All Core courses will need approval from the Faculty Director of the Core Curriculum, in addition to the area director or department chair.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated on 9/20/2021.