Financial Aid for Summer School
Financial aid for summer is limited and typically includes loan assistance. Butler gift assistance is only available for the fall and spring semesters.
Undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours at Butler University in one or both summer terms. Graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours.
Students interested in exploring their loan options for summer may complete the Intent for Financial Aid - Summer 2015.
- Forms become available each year after spring break and are processed as received on a rolling basis.
- Submit forms to the Office of Financial Aid in person (Robertson Hall, lower level), by fax (317-940-8250), or email.
- Students must be enrolled in their intended summer hours before a financial aid notification will be generated and sent to their Butler email.
The Office of Financial Aid advises all students to exhaust federal loan eligibility prior to borrowing through additional loan sources. In order to use remaining Federal Direct Loan eligibility for summer, students must:
- File the FAFSA and have completed their financial aid file for the academic year preceding summer school.
- Have unused Federal Direct Loan eligibility from the academic year preceding summer school. Eligibility will be determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
Financial aid for the upcoming academic year cannot be used to pay for summer charges, per federal regulations.
Click here for a complete list of tuition and fees for Summer 2015.