- Calendar of Events
- Food for Thought Series
- Brown Bag Series
- New Faculty Programs
- Peer-to-Peer Mentoring Program
- Teaching Observation Program
- Celebration of Innovations in Teaching and Learning (CITL)
- Reading Opportunity for Faculty
- Program Staff
- Faculty Development Advisory
- Other Faculty Development Opportunities
- Faculty Awards
Other Faculty Development Opportunities
Call for Applications: SJD Vocation Fellowship
Full-time faculty and full-time exempt staff with teaching responsibilities are invited to apply for a unique opportunity to infuse Social Justice and Diversity (SJD) courses with vocational reflection opportunities for students. The opportunity is designed to help create new SJD courses or adapt existing courses. Accepted Fellows will be a cohort who will work to create SJD course content with vocational reflection infused, meeting 3 times a semester facilitated by the Faculty Director, Dr. Courtney Mohler, Assistant Professor of Theater in JCA. Fellows also receive a $1000 stipend upon completion of the Fellowship. Applications can be found here. Applications are due by May 29, 2020. For further questions, please email Daniel Meyers, CFV Director, at email@example.com.
The SJD Vocation Fellowship is generously supported by the Council of Independent Colleges and the Lilly Endowment, Inc. and is a joint effort between the Center for Faith and Vocation, Career and Professional Success, and the SJD Advisory Committee.
Goal: Infuse Social Justice and Diversity (SJD) courses with vocational reflection strategies an opportunities.
Selected faculty will:
- Participate in a learning community to help make connections between SJD content and students' meaning and purpose.
- Receive a $1,000 mini-grant for the thinking, learning, and course design work.
- Support other faculty designing SJD courses.
- Impact students with a course that ties their own sense of meaning with the important, complex, real-world issues of the SJD goals.
Cohort workshops on theory and methodology will occur on six Fridays from 9:00–11:00 a.m.:
- September 25, 2020
- October 23, 2020
- December 4, 2020
- January 29, 2021
- February 26, 2021
- March 26, 2021