- Calendar of Events
- Food for Thought Series
- Brown Bag Series
- New Faculty Programs
- Peer-to-Peer Mentoring Program
- Teaching Observation Program
- Celebration of Innovations in Teaching and Learning (CITL)
- Reading Opportunity for Faculty
- Program Staff
- Faculty Development Advisory
- Other Faculty Development Opportunities
- Faculty Awards
New Faculty Programs
Assisting new faculty in making a successful transition to Butler is one of the most important responsibilities of the faculty development program. New faculty have opportunities throughout the academic year to talk with faculty about teaching strategies, programs of the University and the colleges, evaluating student learning, and developing and maintaining a plan of professional scholarship, research, and creative work.
New Faculty Orientation, August 17-18: A two-day session designed to allow new faculty members of the Butler community to meet other faculty new to the University.
2020-21 New Faculty Academy (NFA) Lunch Series. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, NFA sessions will be held via Zoom until further notice. Faculty will be sent Outlook invitaitons with Zoom login details prior to session dates.
- Thursday, September 10, 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Wellness resources at Butler
- Thursday, October 1, 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Mid-semester check-in and advice
- Friday, October 30, noon-1:00 p.m.: Don't let course preparations scare you
- Thursday, November 12, 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Stocking your physical, mental, and emotional wellness toolkit
- Thursday, January 21, 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Interpreting your course evaluation results, and preparing your Faculty Activity Report (FAR)/Faculty 180
- Friday, February 12, 12:00-1:00 p.m.: Getting your students to love participating in class
- Thursday, March 18, 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Basics of academic and career advising at Butler
- Friday, April 16, noon-2:00 p.m.: Planning for a productive summer: an interactive workshop
To request disability-related accommodations or inquire about accessibility, please contact Rebecca DeGrazia at email@example.com or at 317-940-8558. Please allow two weeks’ advance notice in order to allow adequate time to make arrangements. Although attempts will be made to honor accommodation requests with less notice, it cannot be guaranteed that without two weeks’ notice a reasonable accommodation can be provided.