- Calendar of Events
- Food for Thought Series
- Brown Bag Series
- New Faculty Programs
- Peer-to-Peer Mentoring Program
- Teaching Observation Program
- Celebration of Innovations in Teaching and Learning (CITL)
- Reading Opportunity for Faculty
- Program Staff
- Faculty Development Advisory
- Other Faculty Development Opportunities
- Faculty Awards
New Faculty Programs
Assisting new faculty in making a successful transition to Butler is one of the most important responsibilities of the faculty development program. New faculty have opportunities throughout the academic year to talk with faculty about teaching strategies, programs of the University and the colleges, evaluating student learning, and developing and maintaining a plan of professional scholarship, research, and creative work.
New Faculty Orientation, August 19-20: A two-day session designed to allow new faculty members of the Butler community to meet other faculty new to the University.
New Faculty Teaching Workshop, August 23: A half day workshop with sessions focused on best practices in teaching, what to include in your syllabi, and what to do on the first day(s) of class.
2019-20 New Faculty Academy Lunch Series. Market Place vouchers are always provided for lunchtime sessions. Locations subject to change.
- Thursday, September 5, 12:30-1:30, AU111 - Diversity and Inclusion at Butler
- Thursday, September 19, 4:00-6:00 p.m., meet outside south end of Gallahue Hall - Tour of CUE Farm and Farm Stand
- Tuesday, October 15, 12:30-1:30 p.m., AU111 - Getting Involved - Efroymson Diversity Center Initiatives
- Thursday, October 31, 12:30-1:30 p.m., AU111 - Don't Let Course Preparation Anxieties Haunt You
- Tuesday, November 19, 12:30-1:30 p.m., AU111 - Establishing Healthy Work-Life Balance and Preventing Burnout
- Tuesday, January 28, 12:30-1:30, AU111 - Interpreting Your Course Evaluation Results and Preparing Your Faculty Activity Report (FAR), Faculty 180
- Thursday, February 13, 12:30-1:30 p.m., AU111 - Getting Your Students to Love Participating in Class
Thursday, March 19, 12:30-1:30 p.m., AU111 - Basics of Advising at ButlerIn-person session canceled due to Coronavirus restrictions. Thursday, April 9, 12:30-2:30 p.m., AU111 - Planning for a Productive Summer: An Interactive WorkshopIn-person session canceled due to Coronavirus restrictions.
To request disability-related accommodations or inquire about accessibility, please contact Rebecca DeGrazia at email@example.com or at 317-940-8558. Please allow two weeks’ advance notice in order to allow adequate time to make arrangements. Although attempts will be made to honor accommodation requests with less notice, it cannot be guaranteed that without two weeks’ notice a reasonable accommodation can be provided.