Facilities Service Request Center
Use the information below to determine the best method for requesting service from Facilities.
Emergencies & Water or Electrical Problems
- Residential: Contact the hall's front desk immediately
- Non-residential: Contact Facilities directly Monday–Friday, 7:00 AM–5:00 PM at 317-940-9393. After hours, contact BUPD at 317-940-9396.
Non-Emergency Requests, Problem Reports & Questions/Concerns
- Students and employees without iServiceDesk logins should use FixMyButler to report building or equipment issues
- Employees with an iServiceDesk login should use iServiceDesk to submit service requests and check request statuses
- Questions, concerns and feedback can be shared by contacting Facilities directly Monday–Friday, 7:00 AM–5:00 PM at 317-940-9393.
Construction, Renovation & Interior Design Project Requests
Whether constructing a new facility or renovating a building lobby, the role of Planning Design and Construction is to ensure that University design and construction standards are met and oversee the entire process. Duties include developing/coordinating a project design, generating an estimate for that design, and collaborating with all campus constituencies to ensure the delivery of the project does not interrupt campus logistics.
For large renovation or new construction projects, the PM acts in a management role overseeing the process and the budget for the entire project. For smaller renovation projects, the PM is directly involved in the design, estimating, FFE specification and purchase, and construction delivery of the project.
Services & Responsibilities
- Managing and overseeing new construction and renovation projects
- Designing and estimating departmental and building renovation projects
- Assisting end users in developing and executing their plans for renovation and facilities planning
- Planning, developmental support and implementation of the Campus Master Plan
- Developing, implementing and overseeing the University's material specifications and construction standards
- Maintaining the University space data base, building drawing files and utility infrastructure drawings
- Interior design
- Accessibility consultation
Make a Request
To make a request for a renovation, interior design or construction project, please fill out and submit this form. If you have other questions, feel free to contact Facilities at 940-9393.
Service requests are assigned a priority based on the following guidelines:
- Priority 1: Emergency. Tended to immediately, e.g., major leak or utility interruption
- Priority 2: Urgent. Typically completed within 24 hours, e.g., lights out, minor plumbing issue, etc.
- Priority 3: Routine. Scheduled on availability of personnel, e.g., picture hanging, general repair, etc.
Anything outside of standard maintenance is a billable service and a service code must be provided in order for service requests to be processed.