Facilities Service Request Center
General Campus Requests
Use the information below to determine the best method for requesting service from Facilities.
Emergencies & Water or Electrical Problems
- Residential: Contact the hall's front desk immediately
- Non-residential: Contact Facilities directly Monday–Friday, 7:00 AM–4:30 PM at 317-940-9393. After hours, contact BUPD at 317-940-9396.
Non-Emergency Requests, Problem Reports & Questions/Concerns
- All Butler community members should use ask.butler.edu to report building or equipment issues
- Questions, concerns and feedback can be shared by contacting Facilities directly Monday–Friday, 7:00 AM–4:30 PM at 317-940-9393.
Service requests are assigned a priority based on the following guidelines:
Anything outside of standard maintenance is a billable service and a service code must be provided in order for service requests to be processed.
- Priority 1: Emergency. Tended to immediately, e.g., major leak or utility interruption
- Priority 2: Urgent. Typically completed within 24 hours, e.g., lights out, minor plumbing issue, etc.
- Priority 3: Routine. Scheduled on availability of personnel, e.g., picture hanging, general repair, etc.
Construction, Renovation & Interior Design Project Requests
Whether constructing a new facility or renovating a building lobby, the role of Planning Design and Construction is to ensure that University design and construction standards are met and oversee the entire process. Duties include developing/coordinating a project design, generating an estimate for that design, and collaborating with all campus constituencies to ensure the delivery of the project does not interrupt campus logistics. To begin a project inquiry, email email@example.com with a detailed description of the work to be completed.
Services & Responsibilities
- Managing and overseeing new construction and renovation projects
- Designing and estimating departmental and building renovation projects
- Assisting end users in developing and executing their plans for renovation and facilities planning
- Planning, developmental support and implementation of the Campus Master Plan
- Developing, implementing and overseeing the University's material specifications and construction standards
- Maintaining the University space data base, building drawing files and utility infrastructure drawings
- Interior design
- Accessibility consultation
Make a Request
To make a request for a renovation, interior design or construction project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have other questions, feel free to contact Facilities at 940-9393.