Programs for Individuals
- Foundations in Business Certificate
- Design Thinking Certificate
- CFP® Test Prep Certificate
- Cyber Risk Management Certificate
- Enterprise Risk Management Certificate
- Insurance and Securities Licensure Test Prep
- Coaching as a Mentality
- Data Analytics Bootcamp
- Coding Bootcamp
- Kenzie Academy Career-Track Technical Education Programs
Enterprise Risk Management Certificate
Modern businesses face a myriad of obstacles and liabilities that could jeopardize a company's reputation, operations, and livelihood. Enterprise Risk Management provides tools and frameworks to identify, assess, and prepare for organizational risks before they materialize and threaten a company's operations and objectives. It also helps to uncover positive risks and opportunities, which help advance a company’s vision and growth objectives.
As a pioneer in the Risk and Insurance field, Butler University is focused on advancing leaders to effectively manage the risk and known or unknown liabilities of an organization. Butler’s online Enterprise Risk Management Certificate furthers that mission and is designed to strengthen the professional profile of Risk Managers and prove their know-how to create value for their organization, using nationally and internationally accepted standards and frameworks. Each of the certificate’s five modules takes about 5-10 hours to complete.
Get the Skills You Need
- Students with no prior background in ERM would have the opportunity to get introduced to ERM principles, guidelines, standards, and best practices, and learn how to establish a new ERM program.
- Professionals with existing risk management experience gain a deeper understanding of Enterprise Risk Management and engage more meaningfully in existing risk management programs.
- Participants gain access to the unique opportunity to learn the concepts and principles that enable an organization’s strategy-setting process to improve business performance.
- Create an actionable Risk Governance plan for your organization.
- Create a turnkey Risk Management Strategy.
- Build Risk Management heatmaps to visually demonstrate risk assessments.
- Use Monte Carlo and other advanced analysis tools to illustrate the immediate probability and impact of risk.
$298 per module or $1,490 for all five modules.
Enterprise Risk Management Courses
This course would introduce the basic principles and concepts of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). You will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of the ERM framework.
- Enterprise Risk Management overview and terminology
- Return on investment of risk management
- When to apply an Enterprise Risk Management Strategy
- Understanding Governance Risk and Compliance
- Differentiating between Risk Leadership and Risk Oversight
- The evolving landscape of Enterprise Risk Management
- Traditional Enterprise Risk Management frameworks (such as COSO and ISO 31000)
This course would introduce the strategies for operationalizing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). You will gain an understanding of how ERM integrates into an organization's governance structure and processes, and explore the drivers and value of an ERM program.
- Developing an Enterprise Risk Management Strategy
- Defining organizational risk competency capabilities
- Designing Risk Governance
- Defining key risk indicators
- Determining risk maturity of the organization
- Designing an Enterprise Risk Management implementation plan
- Developing Enterprise Risk Management communication strategies
- Assessing the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management culture and what is needed
- Obtaining organizational support for Risk Strategy
This course would introduce the fundaments of core Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities, including gaining an understanding of your organization’s major risks and determining effective risk response strategies. You will gain an understanding of how to practice ERM in your organization.
- Enterprise Risk Management roles and responsibilities
- Core concepts—Impact, Probability, and Velocity
- Identifying risks
- Analyzing risks
- Risk ranking and prioritization
- Determining risk tolerance
- Evaluating risks and creating a risk strategy
- How to create risk solutions
- Examples and case studies
This course would build upon Module 3 to give you the tools and framework to an advanced approach to ERM based on the integration of ERM and value-based management that supports the integration of ERM into decision-making, and presentation to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Enterprise risk tree
- Risk Management heat maps
- Emerging risks
- Residual risks
- Risk questionnaire and risk survey
- Overlooked risks—people risks and environmental risks
- Black swan risks
- Presenting to the CEO, Board, and Audit Committee
In this course students are introduced to advanced qualitative risk analysis tools:
- Sensitivity analysis
- Scenario planning
- Monte Carlo simulations
- Event tree analysis
- Influence diagrams
- Techniques to assess catastrophic risk, including systemic risk
- Risk management dashboards including measuring and monitoring key performance indicators and key risk indicators
- Real-life inspired examples and case studies