Programs for Individuals
- Foundations in Business Certificate
- Design Thinking Certificate
- CFP® Test Prep Certificate
- Cyber Risk Management Certificate
- Enterprise Risk Management Certificate
- Insurance and Securities Licensure Test Prep
- Coaching as a Mentality
- Data Analytics Bootcamp
- Coding Bootcamp
- Kenzie Academy Career-Track Technical Education Programs
Coaching as a Mentality
Most managers are beginning to realize how critical coaching is to an organization’s productivity. A well-coached employee has improved performance, higher self-confidence, and is more motivated and focused on achieving goals. With the Butler’s online Coaching as a Mentality course, managers new and experienced, will develop advanced coaching skills and a solid understanding of how to build coaching into their company’s leadership culture.
Course learning objectives include:
- Understanding why leaders must be continual students, and how success as a manager looks different than success as an individual contributor.
- Identifying and recognizing the four mindsets—Instructing, Mentoring, Counseling, Coaching—and understanding which methodology to utilize in different leadership situations.
- Understanding the difference between a coach and having a coaching mentality, and how increased leadership effectiveness can be achieved through assuming a coaching mentality.
- Understanding the important traits of a leader and where you are or are not at exhibiting these traits.
- Understanding the importance and value of raising awareness and making decisions from your “one true power.”
- Understanding how past experiences influence current fears and how we deal with them.
- Recognizing the importance of communication, and more specifically, your own question style so you can more consciously choose which type of questions to use in various situations.
- Identifying shortcoming in your approach to influencing others and how to make conscious changes to behaviors to have a greater overall positive influence.
- Recognizing the difference between listening and hearing, and how to identify when poor listening skills surface.
- Understanding how to use the G.R.O.W method for coaching/mentoring sessions, as well as how to set SMART goals and how to apply them in a coaching/mentoring session.
The cost for the course is $399.