Cultural and Social Awareness Student Organizations
Here at Butler University, we have a wide array of opportunities for our students to get involved. Amongst those opportunities, there are over 130 student organizations on campus including cultural and social awareness organizations that aim at providing intersectional, educational, and social programming across various identity groups. Cultural and social awareness organizations play a major and active role in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion efforts on our campus that result in the creation of Butler University students becoming global citizens.
- Asian Culture Awareness Association (ACAA)
- Black Student Union
- Butler Alliance
- UNITY Council
- International Club
- Latinos Unidos
- Muslim Student Association (MSA)
- South Asian Student Association (SASO)
- Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP)
- Voices of Deliverance Gospel Choir
Black Greek Organizations
Formal Butler Chapters
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. (Alpha Chapter founded at Butler in 1922.)
Consists of Students from Butler, DePauw, IUPUI, University of Indianapolis, and Marian College.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
- Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.