Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DEI Innovation Fund
Members of the Butler community are invited to submit proposals to the DEI Innovation Fund, which provides investments in University-wide or unit-specific initiatives that advance diversity, equity and inclusion.
The fund is designed to inspire ideas and engage the Butler community in creating a more diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. We seek proposals for new ideas as well as opportunities to fund successful existing campus initiatives that can be enhanced or expanded.
Proposals to the DEI Innovation Fund must align with one or more Butler Beyond strategic initiatives. In addition, the President’s Council on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion has identified a number of priorities, and invite outcomes-driven proposals that address:
- Authentic ways of shifting the culture toward becoming more just and equitable
- Greater transition and integration for students, faculty, and staff from underrepresented backgrounds
- Culturally relevant leadership development
- Mentoring to support personal and professional success
- Dialogue across difference and ensuring access and reach of campus resources and programming for all students
- Professional development to support intercultural competence
- Creating a sense of belonging on campus for all students, including those who are non-residential
- Visibility, both internally and externally, for Butler’s commitment to DEI
Full-time faculty and staff can submit DEI Innovation Fund proposals to the Butler Beyond Initiatives application portal. Students can also submit proposals, with a faculty or staff member listed as a collaborator. Proposals will be reviewed by the President’s Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.