Diversity Programs & Services
- Dawg Days Information
- Distinguished Lecture Series
- Multi-Cultural Student Mentor Program
- Diversity Programs Staff
- Diversity Services
- Diversity Student Organizations
- Efroymson Diversity Center
- Hispanic Heritage Celebration
- International Student Services
- Morton-Finney Leadership Program
- Voices of Deliverance
- Volunteer-Study Tour
- Women's History Celebration
Efroymson Diversity Center
The Efroymson Diversity Center of Butler University opened on December 6, 2006 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house. The Diversity Center was made possible by a generous gift from Lori Efroymson-Aguilera and the Efroymson Fund of Central Indiana Community Foundation.
The Center, located on the lower level of Atherton Union (Atherton, room 004) houses the Office of Diversity Programs and the Office of International Student Services. The center provides office space for the following diversity student organizations:
- Asian Culture Awareness Association (ACAA)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Butler Alliance
- International Club
- Latinos Unidos
- Voices of Deliverance Gospel Choir
Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–midnight
Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 AM–6:00 PM
Efroymson Diversity Center
Atherton Union, room 004
704 West Hampton Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46208
To reserve space in the Center for your diversity-related event, download the Efroymson Diversity Center Space Reservation Form (DOC).
The Efroymson Diversity Center of Butler University enhances the personal development and academic success of students by preparing them to be active and responsible citizens with respect and appreciation for the diverse cultures represented on campus and the inherent diversity within our global society.
The Goals of the Efroymson Diversity Center:
- To assess the academic, social, cultural and economic needs of the Butler multicultural student population and provide support services to address their individual needs.
- To provide advice, counseling and other services to the Butler international student population.
- To promote global awareness and intercultural understanding through diversity enrichment programs for the Butler and greater Indianapolis community.
- Foster and provide a warm, welcoming, supportive and inclusive campus environment for students from diverse backgrounds
- Provide a venue for social and intercultural interaction, academic and cultural programming and diversity organizations.
Office of Diversity Programs
Diversity Programs combines campus services designed to enhance the cultural diversity and awareness of the campus community while supporting the admission and retention of students representing international and multicultural populations. This office also provides administrative oversight of the Efroymson Diversity Center.
- Information and Referral
- Individual Student Advising
- Multicultural and International Student Organization Advisement
- Diversity Education Programs (Celebration of Diversity)
- Academic, Career, and Personal Development Programs and Activities
- Leadership Development and Volunteerism Programs and Activities
- Social and Cultural Interaction and Development Activities
- Diversity Resource Library
- Programming Space
- Wireless access in all areas
- Reception area
- Diversity Resource Library and Gallery
- Lounge are with entertainment/media center (flat screen TV, Cable, DVD player, audio system)
- Craft/Prep room
- Kitchenette (microwave, refrigerator)