Student Disability Services
- COVID-19 SDS Procedures for Faculty
- COVID-19 SDS Procedures for Students
- Physical Access on Campus
- Disability-Related Accommodations for Butler Events
- Interpreter Services
- Student Disability Services Alumni
- Student Disability Services FAQ
- Our Staff
- For Faculty and Staff
- Resources for Students
- Frequently Used Forms
COVID-19 SDS Procedures for Students
In order to maintain social distancing & safety for everyone, SDS has implemented a few new procedures and changes to our typical processes for the Fall 2020 semester. As the situation evolves, it is possible that some things may change; please monitor your email for messages from us and also check this page for any updates.
- If you need to come into the office to take an exam, to drop off documentation, or to fill out paperwork, please do not enter the office right away when you arrive. First, scan the large QR code on the door to pull up a text message or just text us at 317-210-1302 to let us know you have arrived. Include your name and the reason for visiting the office in your message.
- Only 2 students are allowed in the main lobby at a time, so we will text you back when it is your turn to enter. Please wait on the socially distanced squares outside of our office until you receive a text from our staff.
- Once you have received a text that you are able to enter, wait on one of the 2 waiting squares in the office area. An SDS staff member will greet you when they are ready to assist you.
- Our main lobby will not have seating available to lounge in, so if you need a space to wait, we recommend sitting outside.
- All meetings with Kathleen and Hanna will be held over Zoom until further notice. You will get a Zoom link sent to your email when you sign up for a meeting over Calendly.
- You can schedule a meeting with your support person (Hanna or Kathleen) by scanning one of the two smaller QR codes on the SDS office door. There is a code that will take you directly to Kathleen’s Calendly page, and another that will take you directly to Hanna’s Calendly page. Be sure you’re choosing the right QR code!
- We recommend you bookmark your support person’s calendly link, as you can use this link all year, any time you would like to schedule an appointment.
- When you schedule an appointment through Calendly, be sure to keep the confirmation email that you receive. It will contain the Zoom link for that meeting.
- When you arrive for an exam, please scan the QR code & send us a text message to let us know you’ve arrived. While you wait for our response notifying you that we’re ready for you to enter the office, take that time to get out any supplies you’ll need for your exam, like your pencil and calculator.
- When you are given the go-ahead to enter the office, the SDS staff will have your exam ready for you at the front desk. You will not put away your belongings before receiving your exam. Instead, you will receive your exam immediately upon entering the office. It will have a post-it note with your assigned testing room and seat number. It will also list your exam start time and stop time, as we will be unable to provide you with timers this semester. The testing rooms will have the white noise machines running, but if you prefer to use earplugs, please ask for a pair at the front desk.
- Please try to bring as few personal belongings as possible, because the hallway storage cubbies will not be in use at this time. If you have items with you, you will enter the testing room with them as soon as you receive your exam. Do not put your belongings in the cubbies. When you enter the testing room, you’ll notice that each cubicle is labeled with a seat number. Next to your assigned seat, there is a space labeled for you to stow your belongings.
- You will not be allowed to access your belongings in any way after you enter the testing room. If you need to access your bag or belongings at some point during the exam, please exit the testing room and let us know. You may bring your bag out with you to get what you need out of it in the lobby area.
- If your exam is being administered in an online format (Canvas, etc.), you will still need to submit a test request as usual to ensure that you receive your extended time.
- If the exam is being administered in an online format, but is being given in the classroom, you will need to take it in the SDS testing center to receive your extended time.
- If the exam is being administered in an online format to be taken outside of class, you do still need to submit a request if you want your extended time, but will not take the exam in the SDS testing center. For these situations, please explain in the Comments box of the test request form that the exam is online and will NOT be taken in the SDS testing center, so that we know you will not be coming to SDS for the exam.
Your extended time accommodation will be automatically set for all assessments delivered through ExamSoft/Examplify (this does not include Canvas Quiz assessments). Please note that this accommodation can either be set for all assessments or none, at this time the software does not have the capacity to customize accommodations for specific assessments. Setting it automatically for everyone and all assessments is the best way to ensure your extended time accommodation needs are met.
If you are planning to use your extended time accommodation & take an ExamSoft/Examplify exam in the SDS testing center, you must still submit a request through the online system for that exam so that we can reserve a seat for you.
If, for some reason, you decide to take an Exam Soft/Examplify exam in the classroom instead of taking it in SDS, be aware that you will not be able to receive your extended time. Instead, you will receive the same amount of time as the rest of the students taking the exam in the classroom. This means your timer within the exam will be incorrect when you take the exam in the classroom. It will appear as though you have more time remaining than you actually do. If you would like to borrow one of our SDS timers for the semester, you may check one out from our office for use when taking an exam in the classroom so that you have access to the correct time remaining for completion of the exam.
If you are planning to use your testing accommodations (extended time) for an ExamSoft exam that is not being administered in the classroom, you will not need to submit a test request, as your extended time will already be programmed into ExamSoft. You will take your exam in your own space (not in SDS). For any exam that is administered online but outside of ExamSoft (such as on Canvas, for example) your extended time will not be pre-programmed, so you will need submit a request for your extended time. Please note in the comments section that you will not be taking the exam in SDS.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to inquire about checking out a timer for the semester, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are taking several steps to ensure our space is clean and safe for you. There are now 4 hand sanitizer stations around the SDS office: one in the hallway outside the office door, and 3 in the suite hallways themselves.
- There are wipes near the SDS front desk for your use, should you need to wipe anything down.
- SDS will be cleaning and sanitizing each testing station after each use. If you use one of our SDS pencils or calculators, please place it in the “used pencils” bin on the front counter so we can clean them.
- SDS will also be wiping down the door handles, front counter, and other common spaces regularly.