Heather Hazelwood serves as an Academic Technology Specialist in the Center for Academic Technology and is embedded in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. She is a proud Butler alumnus who earned her B.A.in Recording Industry Studies (2005) and her M.S. in Effective Teaching and Leadership (2014). Her expertise lies in finding strategies and use cases for ways in which academic technology can enhance teaching and learning.
- Beck, K., Hazelwood, H (2018, April). The Quest to Find the Optimal Student Self-Study Video Format. Online Learning Consortium Innovate Conference. Nashville, TN.
- Beck, K., Hazelwood, H (2017, March). Student Preference of 3 Types of Video Modules. E.C. Moore Symposium on Excellence in Teaching at IUPUI. Indianapolis, IN
- Hazelwood, H., Noonan, D., Rogers, J., Wright, M., & Yoon, E. (2014, September). Tech Talk: How We Influence Technology Integration. Indiana’s Teachers of Writing Conference: Authoring the Classroom, Indianapolis, IN.
- Beck, K., Hazelwood, H (2017, April) Student Preference of Three Types of Self-Study Video Modules, Poster. Celebration of Innovations in Teaching and Learning (CITL) at Butler University. Indianapolis, IN.
- Hazelwood, H. (2016, February). The Evolution of Panopto at Butler University. Panopto Advanced Training Webinar, Indianapolis, IN.
- Hazelwood, H., Juett, J., Miranda, J., Rogers, J., Thomas, T., Wright, M., & Yoon, E. (2014, April) All About CAT. Learn About Butler (LAB) Series for STEP, Indianapolis, IN.
- Hazelwood, H. (2011, September). Technology in the Classroom. Indiana Pharmacy Resident Teaching Certificate Program (IPTeC), Indianapolis, IN.
Degrees and Certifications
- Certificate in Online Teaching with a specialization in Online Learners, The Online Learning Consortium, October 2014.
- Change the Way You See Leadership Certificate of Completion, TEACH Butler – Butler University College of Education, July 2014.
- Masters of Science in Education, Effective Teaching & Leadership (METL), Butler University, May 2014. Thesis Topic: How Can A Private Liberal Arts University Create Engaging Online Learning Communities?
- Bachelor of Arts, Recording Industry Studies, Butler University, May 2005.
- Innovation Fund Grant for development of a Lightboard Studio for eLearning, August 2015.
- STEP Grant for Student Engagement "Open for Learning" explored accessibility issues on campus, August 2015
- RX620 Teaching with Technology (Butler University)
- ED245 Computers in Education (Butler University)
- Learning to Teach Online (Butler University)
- Poll Everywhere
- Google Apps
- Adobe Connect