Propose a BCR Event
While we are not accepting BCR event proposals at this time (Fall 2020), events sponsored by the following are automatically eligible to receive the BCR designation:
- Butler Arts and Events Center Presents
- Butler Ballet: Nutcracker, Midwinter, and Spring performances
- Seminar on Religion and Global Affairs, presented by the Center for Faith and Vocation
- Butler Theatre (faculty-directed) performances
- College of Communication Lecture Series
- Celebration of Diversity Distinguished Lecture Series
- A New View Film Series, presented by the Center for Faith and Vocation
- Global and Historical Studies Seminars
- Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra/Symphonic Choir/Opera
- J. James Woods Lecture Series
- School of Music Concert Series (includes Music at Butler, Piano at Butler, Faculty Artist, Duckwall Artist Series, etc.)
- Vivian S. Delbrook Visiting Writers' Series
- Wayne Wetzel Lecture Series
During the fall 2020 semester, the BCR Review Committee will assess the program and provide recommendations regarding the BCR event proposal process and criteria. More information to come.
For a calendar of BCR-approved events, visit the BCR calendar.
Charging and Admission
BCR events are open to the entire University community and most are offered free of charge. Some events, however, may require an admission fee for students and community members.
Attend events on campus with the BCR designation and register your attendance using a smart device. During a designated BCR event, event hosts will post a unique QR code or URL for students to register their attendance using their personal smart device. Registering attendance is timed and unique to each event. Students are expected to attend the entire event for credit.
This process is new for Fall 2020 and is under review during a time when there is a reduction in the number of events scheduled on campus.
If you have a question that is not answered here, please contact the core office, and we will be happy to assist you further.