Propose a BCR Event
Certain events automatically receive Butler Cultural Requirement (BCR) credit; sponsors of these events do not need to submit a proposal form for approval. The events that receive automatic BCR status are:
- Butler Ballet: Nutcracker, Midwinter, and Spring performances
- Butler Seminar on Religion and World Civilization
- Celebration of Diversity Distinguished Lecture Series
- Clowes Presents
- Vivian S. Delbrook Visiting Writers' Series
- Faculty Artist Series
- Global and Historical Studies Seminars
J. James Woods Lecture Series
School of Music Concert Series
- Thornbrough Lecture
- Butler Theatre (faculty directed) performances
Lectures, seminars, or performances not listed above may submit a proposal form to apply for BCR credit.
Procedure to Propose a BCR Event
In order to guarantee our and the campus's knowledge of this event, please follow this procedure:
- Contact the speaker/s to obtain possible dates for an event to be scheduled.
- Check the BCR calendar for potential conflicts with other events.
- Check with the Office of University Events (ext. 9352) for room availability. Arrange for media needs, if necessary.
- Contact the speaker to secure the actual date.
- Submit a BCR application at least three weeks in advance of the event. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com
- Events must be held on campus in order to be approved.
Charging and Admission
BCR events are open to the entire University community and most are offered free of charge. Some events, however, may require an admission fee for students and community members. In an effort to continue to keep students informed, please submit admission cost information on the application form. This information must appear on all publications so students are aware there is a cost associated with the event prior to attending.
Each BCR event will be staffed by BCR student staff - look for the dark blue vests with the BCR symbol. Staff will have scanners and students must scan their ID cards before event to receive credit. If our BCR staff does not show up to take attendance, please pass around a sheet of paper with the headings: name, email, and student ID number. Please bring the sheet to the Associate Provost's Office (JH 109) the next day so we can register student attendance.
Changes and Cancellations
As soon as you are aware of any changes to the event (time or location, for example) or cancellation of the event, contact the Conferences and Special Events office (ext. 9352) and Laura Daily (ext. 9480).