Indianapolis Community Requirement
Students must take one course in any part of the University that involves active engagement with the Indianapolis community.
- To have an active learning experience that integrates classroom knowledge with activities in the Indianapolis community.
- To use an experience in Indianapolis to further the individual student’s understanding of the nature of community and the relationship between community and the student.
- To further students’ commitment to service and ongoing involvement as community actors.
Learning Outcomes used for Assessment
- Students will engage in learning that integrates academic content with significant activities alongside Indianapolis community partners.
- Students will connect the active learning experience to enlarge their understanding of community and public good in a pluralistic society.
- Students will demonstrate a commitment to ongoing community involvement and citizenship.
For more information, please visit the Center for Citizenship and Community (CCC) website. If you are a student and interested in enrolling in an Indianapolis Community Requirement (ICR) course, please visit the ICR Partnership with Students website.