Residencies & Fellowships
Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences has a variety of post-graduate residencies at various hospitals throughout the city of Indianapolis with faculty within the Pharmacy Practice Department. Each program is designed to strengthen not only the resident's clinical knowledge, but also enhance the residents' teaching abilities in the classroom through faculty direction and mentorship.
AVAILABLE PGY2 PROGRAMS
Academic Experiential Program for Residents and Fellows
The Longitudinal Academic Experiential Program for Residents and Fellows is a required component for our Butler residency and fellowship programs and available for local residents to participate. The goals of our Longitudinal Academic Experiential Program (LAEP) include:
- Develop residents' and/or fellows' teaching abilities in a variety of settings, especially in small group discussions.
- Allow residents and fellows to incorporate clinical practice or administrative skills into classroom experiences.
- May provide the opportunity for residents and fellows to give didactic lectures to large or small groups of students.
- Provide the opportunity for residents and fellows to mentor and provide experiential instruction, via direct or indirect precepting experiences to students completing advanced pharmacy practice rotations.
- Provide opportunities to enhance residents' communication skills.
- Improve residents' confidence and competence in academic settings.
Indiana Pharmacy Teaching Certificate Program (IPTeC)
The IPTeC program is offered jointly by Butler University and Purdue University with the goal of providing pharmacy residents, fellows, and graduate students with an opportunity to enhance their teaching skills. The program consists of three basic components: didactic presentations, teaching experiences, and development of a teaching portfolio.
For more information on our residency and fellowship training programs, contact Dr. Tracy Sprunger at (317) 940-6145.
Follow the Experiential Education Office on Facebook.