COPHS Mission & Goals
The mission of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is to provide effective educational experiences in the health sciences. By so doing, the College facilitates the development of life-long learners with a liberal arts foundation who are able to serve society as dedicated, competent health professionals and community leaders.
- Professionally focused—inspire with excellence in teaching and model life learning. We have a passion for our life work and have dedicated our careers to training the next generation of health care providers and educators. We look for new ways to improve learning and we adapt to the need for new knowledge, skills and attitudes. We share our practical experiences with our students so that what they learn is directly connected to actual patient care or to our scholarship. We utilize real-life experiences whenever possible so that students develop an appreciation for the patient and the societal variables that add complexity to care of an individual or of a population. As faculty, we have developed a collaborative learning environment and are respectful and supportive of one another.
- Student focused-Dedicated to our students. We are dedicated to our students and are committed to their development, both inside and outside the classroom, with teaching, advising, project oversight, and experiential learning.
- Patient focused-Dedicated to our patients and our professions. We are experienced health care practitioners and investigators who exude a high regard for patient care that extends to our students. We teach others so our professions can excel and provide better patient care and research each day.
- Educate and Practice: Advance the practice of our health care professions and the importance of an interdisciplinary approach by providing effective and innovative programs for undergraduate, graduate, and professional level learners
- Research and Scholarly Activity: Conduct focused research and scholarly activity that is consistent with our expertise and tied to student experiences.
- Public Health, Service, and Leadership: Foster leadership and service for students, faculty, and staff through public health-related community outreach, university and college service, and involvement in professional organizations.
- Employer of Choice: Create an employment environment that provides leadership, personal growth, and resources to be a desired place of employment for the ongoing vitality of our programs.
- Collaboration: Develop collaborations to increase the reach and effectiveness of our programs and public health initiatives.