Thank you so much to all of our precptors who devote time and talents to educate our experiential students! Our Experiential Rotation Manual highlights COPHS IPPE and APPE Pharmacy rotation expectations and procedures.
Interested in precepting?
Please complete our preceptor application and attach an updated copy of your CV or resume. Our experiential team will promptly follow-up with you. Please contact our experiential office with questions or email email@example.com.
Please review the slides from the BU Pharmacy Preceptor orientation. Contact us with any questions!
The following resources are available to Butler pharmacy preceptors:
Preceptor Development Programs
- Annual Preceptor Development Sessions are typically offered in spring and consist of4-hour programs of topics targeted to a variety of topics.
- Preceptor Connect Event is an opportunity for preceptors to meet with P3 students and highlight their rotation and the unique opportunities it offers prior to student’s APPE selections in January. Preceptor updates and/or additional 1-hour CE programs are also included for preceptors.
Access to CEImpact
This resource is available through E*Value and contains core modules (for new preceptors getting started) and many free preceptor development CE programs for new and continuing preceptors. There is a live journal club on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, and all past journal clubs are available on demand. Preceptors can receive 1.5 hours CE for each journal club competed.
Resources on E*Value
Our Experiential Education Office and Experiential Continuous Quality Improvement Committee have developed several resources to help facilitate discussions with IPPE and APPE students. These are available on the E*value home page and include:
- Important 200 Medication Scenario Q/A for both community/ambulatory care and inpatient settings
- OTC Scenarios
- DI Question and Answers
- PPCP Topic Discussion Outline
- IPE Topic Discussion Outline
- Pharmacist's Letter. COPHS provides preceptors access to the Pharmacist's Letter preceptor providing rotation resources, preceptor development and continuing education for our preceptors.
E-value is utilized to enter rotation preferences, enter evaluations, download educator reports, as well as find additional precepting resources and communicate with the experiential office.