College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- About the College
- Pharmacy Program
- Doctor of Medical Science
- PA Program
- BSHS: Health Sciences, Healthcare and Business
- COPHS Experiential Education
- COPHS Interprofessional Education
- Support COPHS
- White Coat and Hooding Ceremonies
- Faculty & Staff
- Handbooks and Bulletin
- Student Organizations
- Drug Information Service
- COPHS Alumni Profiles
White Coat and Hooding Ceremonies
White Coat Ceremony
On August 27, the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences hosted its 21st Annual White Coat Ceremony. This year, the College welcomed 74 Physician Assistant students and 80 P1 Pharmacy students in the first year of their professional programs and into their respective professional communities.
Speakers for the White Coat Ceremony included Lori Vasquez, a 2003 graduate of Butler's PA Studies Program and Greg Fox, Pharmacy Department Merchandiser for the Central Division of Kroger. They welcomed the students into their respective professional journeys. Kroger was the sponsor of the White Coat Ceremony.
The White Coat Ceremony carries the symbolism of past accomplishments, entry into the professional program, and support from the faculty and families. Since 2000, over 3,000 Butler Pharmacy and PA students have received their first white coats through donations from parents, alumni, faculty, staff, professional partners, and friends of the college.
Congratulations to the PA Class of 2023 and the Pharmacy Class of 2025!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Butler University hosted a socially distanced, in-person Commencement ceremony this year on Sunday, May 9th, 2021. This year, 96 students earned degrees from Butler’s Doctor of Pharmacy program, 75 students from the Master of Physician Assistant program, 56 from the Bachelors of Health Science program, and 4 students graduated from our newest program, Doctor of Medical Science. Faculty members were honored with awards from the Class of 2021. Megan Becker, PA Class President, Will Grabowski, Pharmacy Class President, and Eshaan Lothee, Bachelors of Science of Health Sciences Class President spoke on behalf of their respective classes and presented the following awards. Check out the 2021 Commencement Program.
- PA Preceptor of the Year – Emily Wandel, PA-C
- PA Clinical Instructor of the Year – Kevin Bogenschutz, PA-C
- PA Program Faculty of the Year – Jennifer Guthrie, MPAS, PA-C
- Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year – Dr. Allison Lewis
- Pharmacy Practice Professor of the Year – Dr. Lindsay Saum
- Pharmaceutical Science Professor of the Year – Dr. Kim Beck
- Dr. Terry L. Hageboeck Award Winners – Dr. Veronica Vernon
- BSHS Faculty of the Year Award – Dr. Mikaela Drake