College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- About the College
- Pharmacy Program
- Doctor of Medical Science
- PA Program
- BSHS: Health Sciences, Healthcare and Business
- COPHS Experiential Education
- White Coat and Hooding Ceremonies
- Continuing Education
- Faculty & Staff
- Handbooks and Bulletin
- Student Organizations
- Drug Information Service
- COPHS Alumni Profiles
White Coat and Hooding Ceremonies
White Coat Ceremony
On August 30, the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences hosted its 19th Annual White Coat Ceremony. This year, the College welcomed 75 PA students and 110 P1 Pharmacy students in the first year of their professional programs and into their respective professional communities.
Speakers for the White Coat Ceremony included Kyler Benbow, a 2013 graduate of Butler's Master of Physician Assistant Program and a 2012 graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, and a PA at OrthoIndy. Greg Fox, Pharmacy Department Merchandiser for the Central Division of Kroger, welcomed the students into their respective professional journeys. Kroger was the sponsor of the White Coat Ceremony.
Dr. Jennifer Snyder, Chair of the Deparment of Medical Sciences at Butler, read the Oath of a PA to the PA class. Dr. Bonnie Brown, Associate Dean at Butler, recited the Oath of a Pharmacy to the P1 Class.
The White Coat Ceremony carries the symbolism of past accomplishments, entry into the professional program, and support from the faculty and families. Since 2000, over 3,000 Butler Pharmacy and PA students have received their first white coats through donations from parents, alumni, faculty, staff, professional partners, and freiends of the college.
Congratulations to the PA Class of 2021 and the Pharmacy Class of 2023.
Butler’s Hooding Ceremony took place on Friday, May 10 in Clowes Memorial Hall and Graduation was held on Saturday, May 11 in Hinkle Fieldhouse. This year, 180 students earned degrees from Butler’s Doctor of Pharmacy and Master of PA studies. Faculty members were honored with awards from the Class of 2019.
Chad Robertson, PA Class President, and Chandler Howell, Pharmacy Class President, spoke on behalf of their respective classes and presented the following awards:
- Distinguished Alumnus Recognition Award: Jason Kolkmeier, PA-C
- Outstanding PA Preceptor: Michael Pauszek, MD
- Outstanding PA Clinical Instructor: Kevin Bogenschutz, PA-C
- Outstanding PA Faculty: Chris Roman, MA, MMS, PA-C
- Outstanding Pharmacy Preceptor Award: Bonnie Booth, RPh
- Outstanding Pharmacy Practice Professor Award: Veronica Vernon, PharmD
- Outstanding Pharmaceutical Science Professor Award: Stephanie Enz, PharmD and Angela Ockerman, PharmD
- Dr. Terry L. Hageboeck Award: Kendra Damer, PharmD