For Our Alumni
Opportunities for Alumni Involvement
Looking for ways to get involved in the College of Education? Long- and short-term opportunities exist!
Here are the best ways to check out what's happening:
Have you moved or taken a new job? Update your information through Butler's Office of Alumni & Parent Programs.
Network with other BU alums in your school district, local alumni chapters, or through Bulldog Nation.
What can I do for COE?
- Mentor a student or first-year teacher
- Nominate a Distinguished Alumni
- Serve as a cooperating teacher
- Write a letter to the editor or a piece for our COE Blog sharing your positive perspective on education issues
- Teach a workshop*
- Speak to a cadet teaching class or student group
- Give time, talent and treasure to a classroom in a partnership school
- Supervise interns
- Tap a student for our undergraduate or graduate programs
- Give time, talent and treasure to a classroom in your area
- Add COE media badges to your email and social media accounts
Do you have other ideas? We want to hear them!
*If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a COE workshop, please email Cindy Smith at email@example.com to be put on the mailing list for Request for Proposals.
For More Information
Angela Lupton, Assistant Dean
College of Education
We Want to Know What You've Been Up To!
Alumni, we know you are in the field working hard for students every day! Have you recently won an award? Been published? Recognized by your school or community for the great work you are doing? We want to hear all about your accomplishments and keep in touch! Please take a moment to update us through this brief form. You also can use this form to submit information about a colleague who is a Butler COE alum.
Distinguished Alumni Award
The College of Education at Butler University seeks to recognize both Young Alumni (1-10 post graduation) and Distinguished Alumni (over 10 post graduation). Individuals nominated should be candidates from within undergraduate or graduate degree programs who have demonstrated an ongoing commitment and service to elevating the field of education or who have been recognized regionally or nationally as outstanding leaders in education and the community. Individuals should also demonstrate a contribution toward the vision of the college.
- Nominations may be submitted by external nominators or by any program area within the college. Nominees must be an alumnus of the college, living or deceased. An alumnus is defined as anyone who has completed a degree program, graduate or undergraduate, from Butler’s College of Education. Self-nominations cannot be accepted.
- Accepted beginning May 1 through Feb. 1 of the following year
- Nominations will be evaluated by the External Review Board comprised of:
- COE Board of Visitor Member
- Past Distinguished Alumni Award recipient
- Representative from the 3Rs committee
- Representative from the University Alumni Office
- Representative from the Dean’s Student Advisory Group
- Only one recommended candidate for each of the awards would be move to the full faculty/staff for confirmation.
- If they are not confirmed by a majority vote of the faculty/staff, then no award may be given in that category.
- Recipients will be recognized at the annual Celebration of Graduates at the end of the academic year.
- All candidates will receive recognition via a letter from the 3Rs committee that they were nominated, but to be considered for the award in future years the nomination must be resubmitted.
- Nominations can be submitted online or download the nomination form and submit to:
College of Education
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
ATTN: Recruitment, Retention and Recognition Committee Chair
- Honored alumni will be invited to participate in the following:
- Spotlight story published in the Year in Review
- Photograph and plaque on display in the COE
- Strong presence on Social Media or co—authoring articles for COE blog, COE website, etc.