Center for High Achievement & Scholarly Engagement
New York City Learning Semester
Be a part of Butler University's first ever New York City Learning Semester in Fall 2018!
The New York City Learning Semester is a new companion to our successful Washington D.C. program. This new program will be for Fall semesters only.
Who can apply?
All juniors and seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply for the New York City Learning Semester. Here are the steps you need to take before applying.
- Meet with your academic advisor to be sure that participating in the Fall 2018 program will fit your academic plan.
- Talk with Dr. Rusty Jones, Faculty Director of the CHASE office.
To apply, please complete the following application materials and deliver them to Dr. Jones in the CHASE office (JH 153) by 4:00 p.m. on February 9, 2018.
- New York application (Word)
- Two letters of recommendation. 1 from an employer, 1 from a faculty member. The letters should be emailed to us at email@example.com or sent by mail to: Dr. Rusty Jones, 4600 Sunset Ave, JH 153, Indianapolis IN 46208.
- Your resume.
- Personal Statement (see the instructions on the application form)
We are anticipating that the St. George Towers in Brooklyn Heights will be our Fall 2018 housing facility. Triples are $6200 or $6600 for the semester, based on the particular tower that is available. Doubles are $7000 or $7300.
Read the Butler Newsroom report on the NYC program.