Center for Faith and Vocation
- Religion Seminar Series, 2018-2019
- A New View Film Series
- CFV Communities at Butler
- Interfaith Opportunities
- Religious Communities in the Indianapolis Area
- Paid Internships through the CFV
- CFV Scholars Program
- Wellness and the CFV
- CFV Staff
- Faculty/Staff Workshop
- CFV Resources
- Explore Indy Religion
- CFV Advisory Groups
- Faculty and Student Guide to Religious Holidays
Center for Faith and Vocation Scholars Program
The Center for Faith and Vocation Scholars Program is an opportunity to recognize students who have shown a commitment to communities of faith and have explored that commitment through service to others, social activism, and/or an appreciation for interfaith engagement. The Center for Faith and Vocation Scholarship is awarded to students who show exemplary experience and commitment in these areas, with the goal that these students continue to carry out their leadership of service, action, and interfaith engagement on campus.
Recipients of this award are expected to be excellent students–maintaining a 3.0 GPA–as well as engaged community members. Scholars are expected to participate in leadership activities designed to promote interfaith involvement on campus each semester they receive the scholarship. Throughout their time at Butler, Scholars will have access to additional mentoring and support from our CFV Scholar in Residence.
- Complete a Butler Application or Common Application (and submit all required supporting materials) by our Early Action deadline of November 1, 2018.
- Complete the Center for Faith and Vocation (CFV) Scholars application form by November 15, 2018. (Access to the application form is emailed to students after their application for admission is submitted.)
Identified applicants will be invited to interview at the Butler Blue Scholars’ Day admitted student event on campus on Saturday, February 9, 2019. Invitations to interview will be sent by December 22, 2018.
Application Deadline: Apply for admission by November 1; complete the Center for Faith and Vocation First Year Scholars application form by November 15.
Award Amount: $4,000 per academic year
Selection Criteria: Students must be admitted Early Action. In addition to submitting an impactful application essay, ideal candidates should have a strong GPA and test scores and have demonstrated interest and participation in one or more of the following:
- Service to others or social justice activism
- Interfaith programs
- Majoring or minoring in religion
- Entering a religious vocation, such as ordained ministry, theology or faith-based activism
Notification: Award letters are sent by mid-March.
Renewable? Yes, as long as the student maintains the renewal criteria outlined in the scholarship offer; students should maintain a 3.0 GPA and will be expected to participate at least 10 hours/semester of interfaith engagement on campus.
For more information contact Kristin Nelson, email@example.com.