Center for Faith and Vocation
- Religion Seminar Series
- A New View Film Series
- Vocational Reflection
- CFV Communities at Butler
- Interfaith Engagement
- Religious Accommodations
- Wellness and the CFV
- Spiritual Care Conversations
- Religious Communities in the Indianapolis Area
- Paid Internships through the CFV
- Bruce and Lucy Gerstein Holocaust Education Travel Fund
- CFV Scholars Program
- Multifaith Baccalaureate Service
- CFV-Related Policies, Guidelines, and Resources
- Social Justice and Diversity Curricula
- CFV Advisory Groups
- CFV Staff
The CFV strives to make Butler a welcoming place for all religious identities, and part of that is ensuring that we have various religious accommodations in place. Here are some of the ways we seek to ensure all students feel welcome on campus.
Academic Policy: Butler Religious Holidays Accommodation Policy
With planning, students are able to work with faculty to be absent for religious observance that conflicts with the academic schedule. View the full Religious Holidays Accommodation Policy.
Dining Services Partnerships
- Challah bread is available every Friday in Atherton Marketplace.
- Halal chicken is sourced and provided everyday in Atherton Marketplace and ResCo Dining.
- An array of high-protein vegetarian options are available every meal for those seeking to maintain a vegetarian diet out of religious observance (or for any other reason!)
- Robust Passover entrees during the Passover holiday
- To-go boxes provided through Dining Services (at reasonable cost) for students observing Ramadan; Iftar boxes and breakfast boxes provided at sundown in ResCo. Stay tuned for more information on how to sign up for Ramadan to-go boxes.
- For students seeking further Kosher or Halal options, schedule an appointment with our Campus Dietician, Katy Maher, RDN at email@example.com.
- Religion and Food Services
Meditation, Prayer, and Reflection Space
The CFV has worked to create various spaces on campus for personal religious and secular practice related to meditation, prayer, and reflection.
Come and visit the Contemplation Room on the second floor of the CFV, available 8:30 AM–5:00 PM or after hours with any Butler ID card access. Also check out our CFV Satellite Spaces in Jordan Hall, Rooms 182 C and D for open spaces available from 8:00 AM–8:00 PM Monday through Friday.
The Diversity Center also has a meditation, prayer, and reflection room in Atherton Union at the Garden Level, AU 001.