- An Evening with Filmmaker Stanley Nelson Jr.
- Andrew Cohn Presents Night School
- Women in Sports
- A Visit with Alumnus Brandon Gaudin
- Not Gay: The Homosexual Ingredient in the Making of Straight White Men
- Blues Concert by Jason Ricci and the Bad Kind
- Diversity In the Media is Important But It Is Not Enough
- Do I Sound Gay? A Film Exploring Identity
- Finding a Place for Justice in Journalism
- Keeping Hinkle, Hinkle
- Do You Hear What I Hear? Workplace Diversity and the English Language
- 2016 CCOM Symposium
Not Gay: The Homosexual Ingredient in the Making of Straight White Men
Monday, February 27 | 5:00–7:00 PM | Johnson Room | BCR Credit
Sponsored in part by the NEH/Frederic M. Ayers Fund and Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies Program
Jane Ward is Associate Professor of Gender and Sexuality Studies at University of California, Riverside (UCR), where she teaches courses in feminist, queer, and heterosexuality studies. She is the author of Not Gay: Sex Between Straight White Men (NYU Press, 2015) and Respectably Queer: Diversity Culture in LGBT Activist Organizations (Vanderbilt University Press, 2008).
Her first book, Respectably Queer: Diversity Culture in LGBT Activist Organizations was named by The Progressive magazine as a best book of 2008. Her second book, forthcoming with NYU Press, is titled Not Gay: Sex Between Straight White Men.
Ward writes the feminist blog FeministPigs.com and cofounded, along with CJ Pascoe and Tey Meadow, SocialInqueery.com. She was an original member of the queer burlesque troupe The Miracle Whips and also started the parenting collective L.A. Genderqueer Parenting, both based in Los Angeles.