2016 CCOM Symposium
- Attucks: The School that Opened a City
- Clicks and Mortar
- Concussions Q&A and Screening of "Head Games" Documentary
- Ferguson, Baltimore, and Chicago: Reporting about Racial Inequality
- Jay Bilas: ESPN and March Madness
- Music Engineering in the Modern Digital World
- No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson
- Overcoming Challenges: Embracing Success in Life and on the Court
- The Conviction of the #Hashtag
- Why #BlackLivesMatter Matters
Ferguson, Baltimore, and Chicago: Reporting about Racial Inequality
Wednesday, March 2 | 2:30–4:30 PM | Johnson Room | BCR Credit
Susan Smith Richardson is a veteran reporter, editor, and columnist with experience at a number of award-winning newspapers and magazines. Currently, Editor and Publisher of venerable investigative outfit The Chicago Reporter, she has served as an Editor at The Texas Observer, the Chicago Tribune and The Sacramento Bee. She spent nearly a decade writing opinion pieces for the Austin American-Statesman.
Richardson is presently a Punch Sulzberger Fellow at Columbia University. She was a 2002 Nieman Fellow at Harvard University and a 2012 Research Fellow at the Rapoport Center for Human Rights and Justice at the University of Texas School of Law. She has served professional journalism organizations in various capacities, including as a 2015 Pulitzer Prize juror in the "Editorial Writing" category and as the Austin Chapter President for the National Association of Black Journalists.