Audience response systems typically have involved use of proprietary devices that students buy at the local college bookstore and then register online for use in a particular class. Poll Everywhere is a classroom response system that uses the students' own mobile phones or laptops instead of proprietary transmitters—aka clickers. Responses are displayed in real-time in PowerPoint presentations, making it an easy and engaging way of capturing student feedback in the classroom, especially with larger class sizes.
Visit the LibGuide for Poll Everywhere
- Seven Things You Should Know About Clickers
- Transforming Student Learning with Classroom Communication Systems ECAR Research Bulletin by Ian Beatty of University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Classroom Response Systems collection of publications and presentations provided by Vanderbilt
- Research-based Practices for Effective Clicker Use research article from University of Colorado at Boulder Department of Physics, provided through our Library databases and requires a Butler login
- Clickers and Peer Instruction: A Powerful Way to Improve Student Engagement and Learning, but Only If You Do It Right web seminar with Douglas Duncan
- University of Wisconsin Clicker Research and Best Practices
- Clickers in the Classroom Clicker resources from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Request Account and Schedule a Workshop or Consultation
To request a Poll Everywhere account and/or schedule a consultation or workshop, contact the Center for Academic Technology at 317-940-8575 or email email@example.com.