CAT Lending Library Policy
Center for Academic Technology (CAT) has equipment and books for faculty and staff members to experience the newest technology that students use every day and explore ways to integrate it into the classroom. We loan audio and video equipment, tablets, and special equipment; see our full list of equipment on the Lending Library LibGuide. For more information or to check out an item, please contact Center for Academic Technology at 317-940-8575 or email@example.com.
Note: Faculty and staff wishing to reserve a laptop should visit IT. Students requiring ADA-compliant computer equipment should contact the Student Disability Services office.
CAT Lending Library Policies
The Center for Academic Technology Lending Library is available to Butler University faculty and staff. You can find up to date information on technology lending depending on your Butler affiliation on the IT web site.
CAT equipment is loaned for a four-week period.
- Renewals and extensions may be available on a case-by-case basis, upon request.
- The CAT Lending Library does not loan charging or adapter cables individually. Faculty and staff can connect with the IT HelpDesk to request loans of cables.
- We reserve the right to limit or suspend borrowing privileges for non-compliance with CAT Lending Library Policies
Items are often requested by other faculty and staff. The timely return of all items allows us to honor the greatest number of requests possible.
Borrowers will receive reminder emails before the loan period ends.
In the event an item is not returned within the agreed-upon loan period, we will engage in the following process:
- E-mail contact
- Telephone contact
- E-mail to supervisor, Associate Dean, or Dean
- Telephone call to supervisor, Associate Dean, or Dean
- Last resort: report to Butler Accounts for the replacement value of unreturned items.
- Excessive and repeated tardiness may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Equipment
Replacement of lost or stolen equipment is the responsibility of the borrower or the borrower's department. We will make every effort to recover missing items and expect borrowers to do the same.
The cost of repair to damaged equipment is the responsibility of the borrower or the borrower's department. In these cases, CAT will work with the borrower to find the lowest-cost repair available.
If you have questions regarding the Lending Library and its policies, please contact us at (317) 940-8575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.