Faculty Learning Community
Classroom Technology in Support of Active Learning
Research indicates that students learn best when they are actively involved—engaged in thinking, sharing, giving and receiving feedback, and reflecting on what they are doing and learning. This Faculty Learning Community (FLC) will explore how Butler’s classroom technology can be leveraged to facilitate active learning, build on connections between faculty and support staff, and expand the effective use of classroom technology. Participants will both explore new teaching approaches for their own classes and make recommendations to the campus for classroom technologies that would best support active learning approaches.
There are limited slots available so if you are interested in participating please read the FLC Charter document for more information and complete this survey by Friday, January 12th. All applicants will receive an email by Friday, January 19th containing the final list of learning community members. If you have any questions please contact Jeana Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Faculty Learning Community Charter: Classroom Technology in Support of Active Learning
Broaden the effective use of active learning classrooms and explore the pedagogical use of classroom technology.
- Review active learning projects at peer and aspirant institutions (literature research) that strategically incorporate active learning and classroom technology to improve student learning;
- Experiment with existing classroom technology at Butler and consider methods to expand faculty awareness of current capabilities and pedagogical application;
- Share our learning with the Butler community.
Open to all Butler University faculty (tenured, tenure track, non-tenure track, and adjunct faculty).
Expectations of Participants
- Attend meetings (there will be food);
- Participate in research and activities;
- Experiment with one or two new (to you) technologies in the classroom and report findings;
- Provide feedback on research and experiences to share with the Butler Community.