Career and Professional Success
Hours of Operation
Career Studio and Peer Career Advising
We have officially opened our very first Career Studio! Located out of Business Building 102, our Studio offers free career advising to students at any stage of the career development process—including creating a first resume, preparing for job interviews, and helping to design your life after college.
The Career Studio is an open and casual space where students of all majors and all levels come together to discuss a wide variety of career development topics.
Peer Career Advising
Peer Career Advisors are the key to our Studio's success. They're undergraduate students trained in providing you quick and timely career assistance. Our advisors typically meet with you for 15–30 minutes in open, drop-in appointments. You'll be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. You should bring any documents (i.e., resumes, cover letters, and application materials) that you'd like to review.
Our Peer Career Advisors can help you with:
- Reviewing resumes and cover letters or providing information on how to get started
- Assisting with job and internship searches and providing interview tips
- Providing resources for exploring occupations and industry sectors
- How to use Handshake, Wisr, and LinkedIn
- Supplying information on CaPS programs, services, and resources
- Answering general career-related questions
- Connecting you with a career advisor or consultant (for LSB majors)
Hours of Operation
The Career Studio is open Monday–Thursday from 4:00–6:00 PM. We're located out of Business Building 102. Everyone is welcome to stop by.
Peer Career Advisors will work with you in the Studio. Again, no appointments are necessary—just drop in!
Note: Peer Career Advisors are not available during campus breaks or holidays.
Our office supports the Career and Life Skills dimension of BU Be Well.
We help you focus on building and maintaining successful skills for future or current careers, including internships, employment, financial planning, graduate school, and gap year/service programs.