Collaborating with CaPS
Faculty and staff are crucial to the success of our students in and outside the classroom. We understand the valuable impact you have on each individual and look for every opportunity to collaborate in order to be a helpful resource for you as well as to create greater awareness of our programs and services on campus.
Helping Faculty and Staff
We have many employer connections in and outside the state. We are happy to collaborate for a variety of classroom or curriculum needs such as referring panel discussion speakers or alumni working in specific fields, or reaching out to employer partners for research purposes.
Access to Recruiting Trends and Preferences
CaPS convenes a Career Services Advisory Board (CSAB) consisting of approximately 25 local recruiters and employers from various industries. CSAB members provide timely and relevant information about recruiting trends and preferences which we can share with our constituents.
- Invite CaPS staff to provide an overview of programs or services during the first few minutes of class.
- CaPS staff can provide tailored presentations regarding resumes, interviewing, the job/internship search process, panel discussions and more.
Build Awareness of CaPS
- Encourage students to utilize CaPS at any point during their college career and as alumni.
- Help promote various CaPS-sponsored workshops and events.
If you have any questions about on-campus student employment, or run into problems, please reach out to us in any of the following ways:
- Email CaPS Senior Director Gary Beaulieu
- Email Employer Assistant Joey Wohlhieter
- Email the CaPS general inbox
- Call CaPS front desk phone at 317-940-9383
Our office supports the Career and Life Skills dimension of BU Be Well.
We help students and graduates focus on building and maintaining successful skills for future or current careers, including internships, employment, graduate school, gap year/service programs, and financial literacy.