Why Should I Be Involved in a Career Community?
Employers are encouraged to participate in our Career Community related events throughout the academic calendar year! Employers will be given the opportunity to:
- Build your brand on campus and strengthen your talent pipeline through active engagement of interested students and alumni.
- Connect with students and alumni about common career interest areas through meaningful dialogue.
- Share career information and build relationships on campus while keeping your brand name in the forefront of active students.
Looking for a way to stay engaged with your alma mater? Career Communities give you the opportunity to engage with students, employers and Butler faculty/staff about common industry areas of interest. Alumni are essential partners to Butler students, and by participating in Career Communities alumni can:
- Connect with students about common career interest areas online or in-person when it is convenient for you.
- Share career advice and build personal relationships with active students.
- Engage with students through meaningful dialogue that could potentially transcend their professional success.
Career Communities is an extensive network that allows you access to insider information and advice that is essential for career development. In addition to getting the opportunity to meet and network with professionals and alumni in the industries you are passionate about, you will also:
- Get exclusive email alerts about events, programs, and fairs that involve an industry area.
- Receive targeted information and resources.
- Get connected to employers, alumni, and others that want to help you on your career path.
- Once more communities are up and running, you can join others as well.
Butler University’s Office of Internship & Career Services has created the “Nonprofit Career Community”, and we invite all those actively involved in the Indianapolis nonprofit community to join! The Nonprofit Career Community helps students explore the nonprofit industry by creating opportunities to connect with alumni, employers, parents, and friends who are invested in their career success. Students who are already planning on working in the nonprofit sector, or are just curious about the opportunities available in the nonprofit industry, the Nonprofit Career Community could be the ideal group for you!
Butler University’s Office of Internship & Career Services has created the “Sports Industry Career Community”, and we are excited to launch this new group for Butler students, alumni, and our employer partners! The Sports Industry Career Community helps students explore the sports industry by creating opportunities to connect with alumni, employers, parents, and friends who are invested in their career success. The face of the sports industry and its global reach have changed considerably, and with change comes a multitude of potential career opportunities for Butler students to explore!
Butler University’s Office of Internship & Career Services has created the “Entrepreneurship Career Community”, and we are excited to launch this new group for Butler students, alumni, and our employer partners! Butler students who have passion, creativity and the desire to be your own boss, this may very well be the ideal career community for you! If you're not ready to start your own business, fret not because there are many other options for those with a degree or strong interest in entrepreneurship. Joining the Entrepreneurship Career Community will help students explore the entrepreneurship field by creating opportunities to connect with alumni, employers, parents, and friends who are invested in their career success.