Bassoon Reed FAQ
The Butler University Bassoon Reed Company (BUBRC) is unique. It is a partnership between the Butler University Bassoon Studio and students in the Butler College of Business. As far as we know, Butler University is the only college that has a student-run reed business. All products are made by current Butler Bassoon students using materials, processes, and specifications designed and approved by the Butler bassoon faculty. These students are well-trained in the various elements of reedmaking. They are in direct contact with Butler’s bassoon professors who oversee each student’s reedmaking education. When you buy reeds from BUBRC, you are assured of getting quality products from active bassoonists who know bassoons and bassoon reeds. Your business supports these students towards gaining valuable business skills and professional experience.
Reeds will be normally be shipped within two business days of receiving an order. If there is any delay, the customer will be notified. Reeds will be shipped via the USPS. Shipping time will vary depending on location.
- Go to butler.edu/reeds
- Click "View our products" in the green box.
- Click the blue "Click to order" arrow in the top left corner. This will take you to an order form with all of our products.
- Choose the quantity of the item(s) you would like to order. Make sure you choose "Yes" if ordering a reed and want either a custom color and/or sparkles.
- Click "Next" on the bottom of the form.
- Choose shipping (there is a free "pick up" option).
- This takes you to a standard payment page. When finished, just submit the form!