Bassoon Reed FAQ
The Butler University Bassoon Reed Company (BUBRC) is unique. It is a partnership between the Butler University Bassoon Studio and students in the Butler College of Business. Butler University is the only school we are aware of that has a student-run reed business. All products are made by current Butler Bassoon students using materials, processes, and specifications designed and approved by the Butler bassoon faculty. These students are highly skilled and well-trained in the various phases of reed making. (Bassoon students at Butler University are all enrolled in weekly reed-making classes as a part of their curriculum. They are in direct contact with Butler’s bassoon professors, who oversee each student’s reedmaking education.) When you buy reeds from BUBRC, you are assured of getting quality products from active bassoonists who know bassoons and bassoon reeds. You’ll also be helping these students gain valuable business skills and professional experience.
Reeds will be normally be shipped within two business days of receiving an order. If there is any delay, the customer will be notified. Reeds will be shipped via the USPS. Shipping time will vary depending on location.
- Go to the products page and click "Order Form" at the top of the page.
- Make sure you choose "Yes" if ordering a reed and want either a custom color and/or sparkles.
- Click "Next" on the bottom of the form.
- Choose shipping (there is a free "pick up" option).
- This takes you to a standard payment page; when finished, just submit the form!