Lacy School Undergraduate Requirements
Students may be graduated upon completion of 121 semester hours, including:
- University Core Curriculum and requirements
- Necessary courses to complete a major in accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, finance, international business, management information systems, marketing, or risk management and insurance
- No fewer than 40 semester hours in courses numbered 300 or higher
- An international business course or experience
At least 50 percent of the required hours in business and economics must be taken at Butler University. Furthermore, the last 30 hours of the required 121 must be taken at Butler unless the student has the advance permission of the dean. Students must meet several grade requirements as well.
- Overall GPA must be 2.0 or higher.
- Students must receive a grade of at least C- in the introductory course or courses of their majors. These courses are listed specifically in the curriculum guides available in the School.
- Students must obtain a GPA of 2.3 or higher in the courses specifically in the major. These details also appear in the curriculum guides.
View the Lacy School of Business Course Catalog.
NOTE: The information found on this website with respect to major/minor/program requirements is primarily directed at providing prospective students a general roadmap of the curriculum. Current Butler students are expected to review their degree audit report at my.butler.edu and speak with their advisor regularly for detailed information regarding their specific degree requirements and their progress toward degree completion.