Doctor of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy Requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy with Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Emphasis Requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy with Patient Care Research Emphasis
- Doctor of Pharmacy with Medical Spanish Emphasis
- Doctor of Pharmacy with Entrepreneurial Concentration
- Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Business Administration
Doctor of Pharmacy with Entrepreneurial Concentration
Pharmacy students may declare the Entrepreneurial Concentration upon completion of their second pre-professional year. Successful completion of the Entrepreneurial Concentration requires a minimum of 15* credit hours, which includes an APPE administrative rotation. Separate advising is not needed for students pursuing the Entrepreneurial Concentration. Pharmacy students completing a dual PharmD/MBA dual degree are not eligible for this concentration.
Student Learning Outcomes
In addition to the student learning outcomes for the Pharmacy Program, at the completion of the entrepreneurial concentration the student will be able to:
- Practice in traditional and emerging areas of the profession.
- Apply principles of operations, financial management, marketing, and innovation to pharmacy practice-related problems.
- Solve problems, helping them to overcome the unique and ever-changing challenges of delivering healthcare.
These courses are required for the completion of the Entrepreneurial Concentration and may be in addition to the standard curriculum:
- EI201, Real Business Experience (3 credit hours)—P1 Fall or Spring Semester
- RX432, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Management (2 credit hours)—P2 Spring Semester
- EI315, Creativity and Innovation* (3 credit hours)—P3 Fall Semester
- EI485, Entrepreneurial Accelerator * (3 credit hours)—P3 Spring Semester
- RX651, Administrative rotation (4 credit hours)—P4 year
*These courses count for Professional Electives for the Doctor of Pharmacy Program