Web Design and Development
Why Study Web Design and Development?
In today’s digital world, the web is everywhere. Every business needs a web presence, and that presence must be accessible for a variety of digital devices. Students will learn to design, develop, and implement a variety of websites and web applications that can be viewed on smartphones, tablets, computers, and televisions. As this digital landscape continues to change, so does our program. We constantly evaluate the wants and needs of the industry and employers to provide students with the best education for today’s marketplace.
Why Study Web Design and Development at Butler?
Butler offers a unique opportunity for students by combining both web design and development into our degree. Students will learn all aspects of web development, from conceptual wireframes and interaction design all the way through to the development and implementation of their final product. This combination allows students to fill a variety of web jobs, becoming a versatile asset in the industry. Students benefit from Butler’s location within Indianapolis, providing many internship opportunities in the web field.
Web Design and Development Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of aesthetic and creative principles and strategies
- Apply aesthetic and creative principles and strategies
- Use communication technology effectively
- Apply current technical concepts and practices in web development
- Apply best practices and standards in the discipline
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, and security issues and responsibilities