The BU|BeWell Podcast
Stay connected to campus and tune in to the The BU|BeWell Podcast! Join the show's student hosts as they share their wellbeing experiences and talk with faculty, staff, students, and community members about wellness-related topics that affect all Butler students. Conversations cover all dimensions of wellbeing and focus on specific topics, such as social media addiction, decluttering, how to handle burnout, depiction of mental health in horror films, and much more!
Meet the Hosts
Shannon Mitchel is a junior Theatre and Creative Media & Entertainment double major who is pursuing a minor in German. She joined the BU|BeWell team as a podcast host in January 2020 and is excited to remain on the team until she graduates in the spring of 2022. She is a huge fan of podcasts and was thrilled at the possibility to help create and host one on Butler’s campus. Once she graduates, she hopes to keep producing entertainment projects ranging from podcasts to film.
Ashton is a first year from Canton, Michigan majoring in Strategic Communications. He is also involved on campus in the Office of Admissions as the Board Fellow of Aspire House Indy, working to promote multicultural recruitment at Butler. He enjoys the experience of being a host, as it allows him to meet new people and talk to the Butler student community about real world issues. He sees it as an honor to be a part of giving students a platform to speak up and tell their truths. Outside of podcasting, he enjoys music production and photography.
- Kathryn & Shannon on Their Student Well-Being Experience: Apple | Spotify
- Evan Krauss & Blue IV on Mascots and Marathons: Apple | Spotify
- Katie Wood on Wellness in Isolation: Apple | Spotify
- Natalie Szocs on Staying Fit During Social Distancing: Apple | Spotify
- Lee Farquhar on Social Media: Apple | Spotify
- Juliet King on Creativity and Art: Apple | Spotify
- CASE on Dealing with Stess and Finals: Apple | Spotify
- CaPS on Navigating Professional Success and Advice for Graduates: Apple | Spotify
- Josh Coonrod on Mental Health in Horror Films: Apple | Spotify
- A New Host and New Beginnings: Apple | Spotify
- Dancing on Our Own: Apple | Spotify
- Money! What Is It?: Apple | Spotify
- SAD and the Winter Blues: Apple | Spotify
- Decluttering and Reflection at the End of the Semester: Apple | Spotify
- Holiday Traditions: Apple | Spotify
- New Year Resolutions: Apple | Spotify
- Burnout and Motivation: Apple | Spotify
- Pet and Group Therapy: Apple | Spotify
- The Hub for Black Affairs and Community: Apple | Spotify
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.: Apple | Spotify
- Allyship Pt. I: Apple | Spotify
- Allyship Pt. II: Apple | Spotify
- Pop Culture and Health Relationship: Apple | Spotify
- Feminism and Womxnism: Apple | Spotify
- Trendy Foods and Nutrition: Apple | Spotify
- Thrifting and Sustainability: Apple | Spotify
- Students and Social Media: Apple | Spotify
- The Stress of Finals and Moving Out: Apple | Spotify
- Reflection at the End of a Challenging Year: Apple | Spotify
- Coming soon!
We want to hear from you! Let us know what you what topics you'd like the hosts to cover and any feedback you have by submitting this anonymous form.