Applying to Arts Administration
Information about the application and interview process for the Arts Administration Department is in the tabs below.
Questions? Contact the JCA Admission office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-940-9656.
When applying to the Jordan College of the Arts as an incoming first year applicant, students are required to follow the standard application process outlined on the Office of Admission website.
Additionally, Arts Administration students are required to complete or submit:
- An artistic discipline-specific Supplement including a short paragraph on why you want to major in Arts Administration.
- An interview and, depending on your artistic discipline, an audition or portfolio review:
- Arts Administration Art - art portfolio for faculty review
- Arts Administration Music - audition
- Arts Administration Theatre - audition or portfolio review
- Arts Administration General - interview only
- Arts Administratio Art HIstory - interview only
Information on these additional requirements are emailed to prospective students after the Butler Application or Common App is submitted.
November 1: Early Action Deadline
February 1: Regular Decision Deadline
We look forward to meetng you during your Arts Administration interview! This year, we have virtual interviews and an on-campus interview day available. Arts Administration interview dates for Fall 2022 admission are:
- October 29, 2021 from 1:00 - 3:00 PM, virtual interviews
- November 12, 2021 from 1:00 - 3:00 PM, virtual interviews
- December 10, 2021 from 1:00 - 3:00 PM, virtual interviews
- January 21, 2022 - on-campus interview day
Arts Administration Music or Theatre students: we will schedule your Arts Administration interview on the same day as your audition or portfolio review, if possible. Please choose the audition day that fits best into your schedule.
The personal interview is a 20-30 minute conversation about your artistic experiences, educational goals, career aspirations, and how Arts Administration fits into them.
Financial assistance may come from several different sources. Butler offers two types of scholarships that are awarded as part of the application and audition process.
Academic scholarships are offered to students who demonstrate a strong record of academic excellence in high school.
Jordan College of the Arts Awards may be awarded to students who display promise in the performing arts.
Jordan College of the Arts Awards for arts administration
Jordan College of the Arts (JCA) Awards in arts administration are merit-based awards available for arts administration majors only. Students will be considered for a JCA Award during their interview. All interviews completed prior to February 15, 2021 will be considered for a JCA Award. Notification of any award available to the student will be communicated in mid-March.
Butler also offers additional types of scholarships that require a separate application and interview. We also accept scholarships from outside sources. Please visit the Office of Financial Aid website to learn more about financial aid options and other scholarship opportunities for incoming students.