- Visit Butler
- Apply to Butler
- Request Information
- Virtual Tour
- Find Your Counselor
- Butler on the Road
- Affordability & Aid
- International Admission
- Transfer Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Non-Degree Admission
- Admitted Students
- Resources for High School Counselors
- Butler Alumni Recruiting Corps
Spring New Student Checklist
If you didn't already do so, be sure to view your online decision letter on your student status page. Completing this step will open up your access to other status page activities, like paying your enrollment deposit.
To do this, log in to your student status page and navigate to the Status Update section. Click View Update.
To officially reserve your place in the incoming class, submit your $500 enrollment deposit online. To avoid bank processing delays, we recommend paying with a credit card instead of a debit card or check.
- Log on to your student status page and navigate to Status Update. Select View Update.
- Select Reply to Offer of Admission under the Forms section. Complete and submit the form.
- From your status page, select Submit Payment for $500. Complete and submit the form.
- Confirm your information, mailing address, and major on the main status page. If anything is listed incorrectly, please contact the Office of Admission.
This deposit is refundable with written request submitted prior to January 1.
We encourage all prospective #ButlerBound families to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov. The federal formula takes into account several factors, and many families mistakenly self-select themselves out of the financial aid process and miss the opportunity to explore all aid programs available. Use school code: 001788.
Would you like to meet with your admission counselor and take a campus tour? Consider it done! Schedule your trip to campus at butler.edu/visit.
You’ll use your Butler network account throughout your time as a student. More immediately, this account will grant you access to your financial aid notification, online bill status, and housing information. Your personal login information and instructions to set up your account will be emailed to you a few weeks after you’re admitted.
Once you've set up your account, you'll be able to access your official Butler email and calendar at outlook.com/butler. For more information about these steps, preparing your technology for move-in, smartphone email set-up instructions, and more, check out Information Technology's Quick Start for Admitted Students resource.
Complete your housing application as soon as possible online at my.butler.edu. This online housing link will be available within 72 hours of submitting your enrollment deposit if you submit it online with a credit card. Debit card transactions and checks will take longer—generally up to 10 business days.
Butler University policy requires all incoming transfer students to complete the Acceptance of Financial Responsibility (AFR) process prior to enrollment. The AFR statement outlines your commitment to pay all expenses incurred at Butler University. This requirement must be completed prior to class registration.
To complete the process, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your my.butler.edu account and select Self Service Student Homepage.
- Click on the tile marked Tasks then click on Butler Accept Financial Responsibility.
- Review the text thoroughly before clicking Next (at the upper right of the screen).
- Read the agreement and check the boxt next to Accept Terms and Conditions, then Save. Click Next (at the upper right of the screen).
- Click Finish to complet the process. The indicator will be removed from your account to allow registration.
If you have any problems logging in or have technology related questions, please call the Butler University IT Help Desk at 317-940-HELP (4357) or email email@example.com.
If you are a transfer student who is currently enrolled in and completing classes at another institution, we need a list of the classes you are currently completing. This information is needed prior to enrollment in classes at Butler and will determine which, if any, placement exams will be required. If this applies to you, please submit your list of classes.
It’s possible that a placement exam will be required to determine an appropriate course placement. If a placement is needed, you will be contacted by the Academic Orientation Programs office following receipt of your enrollment deposit with specific information about how to complete the exams. All placement exams must be completed prior to enrollment in classes.
The Office of Student Accounts publishes the electronic billing statements in December for the spring semester. Student Accounts has information about the billing process, payment plans, and additional Student Account Services.
Your out-of-pocket cost has been calculated in your Financial Aid Notification. If you need additional assistance to cover educational expenses, Butler offers financing options to invest in your education. The payment plan, Federal Direct PLUS Loan, and Private Education Loans are available regardless of financial aid eligibility.
Refer to your Financial Aid Notification or view financing options.
Admitted students will be able to view all financial aid items in our Student Financial Planning tool.
Students can access the Student Financial Planning tool from My.Butler under Academic Tools. Please be sure to review all Pending items in red on the HOME page, and check out any red numbered notification badges in the navigation header. Check back regularly to be sure that you don’t have anything pending, and watch for your financial aid notification to be available to view sometime after February 1.
Students can grant their parents access to Student Financial Planning, too! To grant access, the student must:
- Click on the small triangle to the far right top right in the header.
- Select Profile.
- Under Manage Guest Access, click on the person + image.
- Enter your parent’s email. Please note: it is case sensitive, so we recommend using all lowercase letters.
- Click on the save icon to the right of Enabled.
The enabled parent can access the Student Financial Planning tool at sfp-parent.butler.edu. Parents will log in using the parent email the student enabled and the student’s Butler ID Number as the password.
There are three health requirements you'll want to take care of:
- Provide an updated copy of your immunization records to Health Services before January 1. This record can be from a family doctor or state health agency. Immunization requirements are similar to those required in K-12.
- A current physical exam (within 12 months of enrollment) is also required. Healthcare providers may complete and sign a general physical form or you may use the Health Services form located under the "Forms" section of the Health Services website.
- Annually, all undergraduates are requested to either provide proof of their existing health insurance information or enroll in the University sponsored student health insurance program. If you don't take action by January 15, you'll be automatically enrolled in and billed for the University sponsored plan. More information is available here.
Copies of these documents can be faxed to Health Services at 317-940-6403, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to: Health Services Room 110, 530 West 49th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208.
All first-year and transfer students are required to have their final official high school transcript with posted date of graduation sent to the office of Admission. If you were admitted with college coursework in progress, you’ll need to request that your official transcript with final grades posted be sent to the Office of Admission as soon as it’s available.
Paper transcripts can be mailed to the Butler University Office of Admission at 4600 Sunset Avenue in Indianapolis, IN 46208. Electronic transcripts can be sent via email to email@example.com (high school transcripts) or firstname.lastname@example.org (college transcripts).