- Visit Butler
- Apply to Butler
- Request Information
- Virtual Tour
- Find Your Counselor
- Butler on the Road
- Affordability & Aid
- International Admission
- Transfer Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Admitted Students
Transfer Application Process
To submit a transfer application, you need to have completed 12 or more credit hours of college coursework after high school graduation or be seeking a second bachelor's degree. Transfer admission is done on a rolling basis, but you'll need to know about these important dates. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Application Requirements
- Butler Application or Common Application
- Official transcript from each college or university attended, submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed directly from the issuing institution.
- Applicants must be in good standing with their previous colleges/universities; a total cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher is preferred for admission consideration for most majors, with no grades below C- in the most recent semester.
- The middle 50% GPA range of transfer students entering Butler University in 2018 was 3.0–3.61.
- Final high school transcript and official test scores (ACT and/or SAT) are required to complete the transfer application for students who have earned fewer than 20 college credits since high school graduation.
- Admitted transfer students with 20 or more college credits will need to submit their final high school transcript prior to enrollment.
Additional requirements set by specific programs (see below)
College Transfer Credit
Our Office of Registration and Records will evaluate official college transcripts for possible transfer credit. To be transferable, coursework must meet the following criteria:
- It was earned at a regionally accredited institution.
- It was 100-level course or higher.
- The student received a grade of "C-" or better in the course.
How such credit transfers will be based on an individual evaluation of the coursework. This evaluation will determine whether the course is equivalent to a Butler course. For specific questions, please contact the Office of Registration and Records.
Students applying for the pre-professional phase of the Pharmacy program should complete the Butler or Common Application. Transfer students applying to the 4-year professional phase of the PharmD program need to apply directly to the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) at www.pharmcas.org. The recommended total cumulative GPA for prospective Pharmacy students is 3.0 or higher. The PharmCAS application deadline for the fall 2019 entry term is January 7, 2019.
Transfer students must submit official test scores (ACT and/or SAT) and final high school transcript when applying as a Health Sciences major.
Students wishing to major in the arts must complete an Art + Design, Arts Administration, Dance, Music, or Theatre supplement in addition to the Butler or Common Application. An audition and/or interview is required of all majors in the Jordan College of the Arts. Both applications must be submitted before an audition can be scheduled.