Skip to main content
Butler University Office of Admission

Non-Degree Graduate Programs

A person holding a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university who wishes to take courses for credit while not pursuing a degree may apply as a non-degree student. To be considered for Non-Degree Graduate admission, please submit the Application for Non-Degree Graduate Admission, a personal statement letting us know what classes you would like to take, and an official transcript from each college or university attended, mailed directly from the issuing institution. The institution must be a regionally accredited college or university and the transcript must indicate the date the degree was conferred. International students must hold a degree from an institution recognized by the government or educational ministry within the country. If you are a Butler graduate, you do not need to request a copy of your transcripts.

Additional requirements are needed for the License Mental Health Counselor Certificate (LMHC), Hinkle Academy for Wellness Certificate, and Graduate Secondary Content Area + ENL Licensure Project

Additional Requirements by Program


Two letters of recommendation (for non-Butler graduates), official graduate transcripts, a resume, and a personal statement addressing how you will continue to infuse the College of Education's Core Values. Learn more.

Graduate Secondary Content Area + ENL Licensure Project

Two Letters of recommendation, a personal statement, all official college transcripts, Master’s degree from an accredited institution. Learn more.

Applied Educational Neuroscience Certificate

One letter of Recommendation, a personal statement, resume, all official college transcripts. Learn more.