- Visit Butler
- Apply to Butler
- Request Information
- Virtual Tour
- Find Your Counselor
- Butler on the Road
- Affordability & Aid
- International Admission
- Transfer Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Non-Degree Admission
- Admitted Students
- Resources for High School Counselors
- Butler Alumni Recruiting Corps
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Efforts in the Enrollment Management Division
To submit a graduate application, you need to have previously completed a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university and be seeking an advanced degree. Each program processes its own applications for admission, but the requirements below are baseline requirements for all applications for graduate admission.
If you have questions about the admission process or your application requirements, please contact email@example.com.
Graduate Application Requirements
- Butler Application
- Official transcript from each college or university attended
- Transcripts can be mailed directly from the issuing institution to Butler University, sent as an electronic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted by a third party provider such as Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse. The institution must be a regionally accredited college or university and the transcript must indicate the date the degree was conferred.
- Butler University transcripts are not required from current Butler University students and alumni. If you have submitted official transcripts from other institutions within the last three years, you may not need to submit them again. Please contact the Office of Admission to confirm.
- Personal statement topics vary by program (see below)
- Additional requirements set by the particular program (see below)
International applicants must additionally submit the following:
- TOEFL scores or equivalent proof of English proficiency
- A clear copy of your passport
- Evidence of financial support