Coaching as a Mentality
“Coaching as a Mentality is extremely helpful for individuals to sharpen their coaching skills or for anyone who has to lead or work with people in general. The course gives practical advice you can use immediately. The sessions are easy to learn and you can work at your pace as your schedule permits. I feel better equipped to have meaningful conversations going forward and feel more confident as a leader.”
—Jami Burdine, Coaching as a Mentality course participant
Most managers are beginning to realize how critical coaching is to an organization’s productivity. A well-coached employee has improved performance, higher self-confidence, and is more motivated and focused on achieving goals. With the Butler’s online Coaching as a Mentality course, managers new and experienced, will develop advanced coaching skills and a solid understanding of how to build coaching into their company’s leadership culture.
Course learning objectives include:
- Understanding why leaders must be continual students, and how success as a manager looks different than success as an individual contributor.
- Identifying and recognizing the four mindsets—Instructing, Mentoring, Counseling, Coaching—and understanding which methodology to utilize in different leadership situations.
- Understanding the difference between a coach and having a coaching mentality, and how increased leadership effectiveness can be achieved through assuming a coaching mentality.
- Understanding the important traits of a leader and where you are or are not at exhibiting these traits.
- Understanding the importance and value of raising awareness and making decisions from your “one true power.”
- Understanding how past experiences influence current fears and how we deal with them.
- Recognizing the importance of communication, and more specifically, your own question style so you can more consciously choose which type of questions to use in various situations.
- Identifying shortcoming in your approach to influencing others and how to make conscious changes to behaviors to have a greater overall positive influence.
- Recognizing the difference between listening and hearing, and how to identify when poor listening skills surface.
- Understanding how to use the G.R.O.W method for coaching/mentoring sessions, as well as how to set SMART goals and how to apply them in a coaching/mentoring session.
The cost for the course is $399.