The purpose of the proposal is to foster innovative teaching and learning through the sophisticated use of Canvas Analytics. During this program, a Butler faculty member will partner with members of the CAT team to analyze and revise one of their online, hybrid or flipped Canvas courses. The grant includes four phases.
Phase 1: Preparation and baseline assessment [December 1 – January 7, 2022]
CAT will host meetings for ATTIG recipients to discuss the process and tools to assess courses using Online Course Design Standards and Canvas Analytics methods. Once selected, each ATTIG recipient will meet with CAT to identify the course they will analyze: they must have taught the course at least once and will teach it again during spring or summer of 2022. and the process and tools that will be used to assess the selected courses.
Prior to the next planned offering of the course, the ATTIG team will assess the online course using the Online Course Design Standards to assess whether the course:
- Fosters and/or enhances student engagement.
- Assesses alignment to course SLOs.
- Ensures course meets accessibility standards.
- Ensures the course provides substantive student interaction.
- Ensures course provides relevant and timely resources.
- Adheres to best practices for overall course design.
Phase 2 [Complete by April 1, 2022]
Once the course opens, we will use Canvas analytics to look at engagement in the course, interaction with the resources, communication and feedback with students, and grades. With this data, we will determine if modifications need to be made to the course to help optimize the above goals.
Phase 3 [Complete by Nov 4, 2022]
Phase 3 begins immediately following the completion of the course and includes a deep dive into the Canvas analytics to reassess the course and a final report submitted by Nov. 4, 2022.
This proposal is open to all Butler University faculty (tenured, tenure track, non-tenure track, and adjunct faculty). The Canvas course can be a fully online, hybrid, or flipped delivery course.
Proposal Due Date:
Thursday, September 30th at 5pm Deadline Extended Until Friday, October 15th by 5pm.
Notification Date: Grantees will be notified by November 19th.
Grant Duration: December 2021 through November 2022.
- Request for Proposals (PDF) – this details funding information, review process, support for grantees, and grantee responsibilities
- Proposal Review Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- ATTIG Submission Form
- Project Support and Acknowledgement Form