2022 Employee Benefits Open Enrollment
Butler University continues to focus on a holistic approach to employee well-being and wellness and employees continue to apply every opportunity to become effective healthcare consumers. We want employees to be actively involved in choices concerning healthcare because we understand how important benefits, especially healthcare coverage, are to our campus community. The outcome of these efforts is reflected in another year where we are able to maintain our self-funded benefit plan with almost no changes. Amid the COVID crisis, we looked critically at the benefit plans offered over the past three years and determined the best path for everyone in 2022 would continue to be the path of least change. Allowing benefit-eligible employees to continue their benefits with no changes to premiums, deductibles, co-pays, or co-insurance.
Our partnerships with Apta Health, UMR, United Healthcare Choice Plus, and Magellan RX will continue to bring innovative solutions to our unique healthcare needs. Thanks to these partnerships our healthcare cost savings experience during 2021 is allowing us to maintain 2021 plan designs and cost-share without any increase being passed on to the employee for 2022 benefit elections. The coordinated healthcare solution has proven to help employees increase their healthcare consumerism and become more involved in the management of healthcare decisions.
For 2022 we will also continue the Paydhealth Select Drugs and Products Program to help participants find funding for specialty drugs. Medical plan participants with the need for specialty medications will be contacted directly by Magellan/Paydhealth RX, each time their healthcare provider submits a prescription for specialty medication. You can find more information about this program in the Quick Links on this page.
If you or your covered dependent(s)/spouse currently take any of the specialty medications on the attached Paydhealth Select Drugs and Products List, PLEASE watch your email and phone contacts and respond to the outreach call or message from Paydhealth as soon as possible.
You can review a summary of the highlights and changes to our Butler 2022 Employee Benefits and Well-Being programs below and review details of the benefit plans and incentive programs in the 2022 Employee Benefits Guide and the other documents in the Quick Links to the right.
Highlights for 2022:
- 2021 Medical Benefit Premium Holiday - due to the excellent financial position of our self-funded medical plans we are able to offer a benefit premium holiday to plan participants in December of 2021! Bi-weekly payrolls for 12/17 & 12/31 and monthly payroll for 12/23/21 will not have medical benefit premiums taken.
- NO INCREASE in the medical, dental, or vision insurance premiums for 2022.
- NO PLAN CHANGES for medical, dental, and vision coverage for 2022.
- CONTINUED PARTNERSHIPS with Apta Health, United Healthcare Choice Plus network, Delta Dental, EyeMed, Magellan RX/Paydhealth RX, HSA Authority, WEX(Discovery Benefits), CompPsych (EAP), and OC24Health.
- SAME PLANS NO DESIGN CHANGES for medical plan options, PPO Core Plan, PPO Plus Plan, and CDHD Plan.
- $100 Wellness Incentive (form) for employee and/or spouse, enrolled in a Butler healthcare plan, for getting an annual wellness exam with a primary care provider.
- HRC membership is free for full-time Faculty and Staff and is discounted to $3 per day for part-time employees.
- Employee Assistance Program - Six, free, confidential, professional counseling visits for each family member per year.
- OC24health continues to provide telehealth services, with access to US board-certified doctors, including Psychiatrists and Dermatologists, through video visits. All services are provided through the OC24health app.
Changes for 2022:
ORTHO INDY Surgical Services incentive: we are expanding our orthopedic surgical coverage by offering an incentive for qualified procedures which are carried out as in-patient or out-patient surgical procedures at Orth Indy. Medical plan participants who have qualified surgical procedures carried out at Ortho Indy will receive a $750 taxable incentive paid through Butler payroll.
Health Savings Account - Increase in IRS limits for 2022: The IRS puts limits on the total dollars contributed per year to health savings accounts. The Self-Only limit for 2022 is $3,650 and the Family limit is $7,300.
Flexible Spending Account Rollover for 2022: The rollover amount for FSA accounts is the same as the full residual amount that remains in an account at the end of the 2021 plan year.Keep in mind the rollover amount is not available in the subsequent year's FSA account until the beginning of April.
2022 Open Enrollment Election Assistance:
2022 Open Enrollment ZOOM Q&A sessions - see the schedule below - Join the meeting and ask your questions during our 2022 Open Enrollment Q&A sessions. The HR Benefits Team will host several online ZOOM sessions for almost instant access to the team and have your open enrollment questions answered while you are completing your online enrollment.
- 2022 OE Election Assistance Session - If you need assistance or would like to talk through your elections options with a member of the Benefits Team please join us in Jordan Hall 348 on any of the following dates and times:
- Monday 10/18/2021 - Jordan Hall 348 - 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 10/21/2021 - Jordan Hall 348 - 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
2022 OE - Breathe, Laugh, Unwind & Enroll (BLUE) Raffle:
Be among the first to complete your 2022 open enrollment elections and join us for a Free Eye Mask Massage and receive a BLUE Raffle Entry!
The first 100 employees to complete their 2022 open enrollment elections will be entered into our BLUE Raffle! Even if you are not among the first 100, please join us in JH052 on Monday, October 18, 2021, from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM, for a complimentary, relaxing eye mask massage performed by Chalant Eye Spa. Participation in the complimentary Eye Massage event is on a first come first served basis and requires proof of completed 2022 open enrollment.
If you prefer not to have an eye massage, just come for a visit with the Benefits Team and bring your 2022 open enrollment confirmation statement to receive a token of our appreciation for making open enrollment a top priority! You may also receive an extra ticket to win one of the prizes listed below in our Breathe, Laugh, Unwind & Enroll Raffle!
Prizes and giveaways include but are not limited to:
- Gift cards
- Butler-Nike gym bags
- Butler- Nike T-shirts, jackets, and sweatshirts
- Butler lawn chair
- UMR goodie bags
- Travel-sized coolers w/ water bottle or mug
- Yeti Coffee mugs
We continue our partnership with Apta Health, United Health Care Choice Plus, UMR, Magellan Rx, and PaydHealth for 2022. Apta Health is a healthcare plan coordinator and they work on Butler’s behalf to manage and coordinate all the different parts of our healthcare plan. This patient-focused model gives the University much more flexibility when it comes to tailoring our healthcare plan to meet employees’ needs. Instead of being tied to one company and relying on them for all aspects of our plan, we now have a coordinator finding the best-in-class services for each part of our plan (pharmacy manager, healthcare plan, for example), in an effort to provide our community with optimal coverage.
Being well informed about your health insurance will help you be a better healthcare consumer. We have provided FAQs, Quick Links, and information to assist with understanding Apta Health Care Coordination, United Healthcare’s Choice Plus network, Magellan RX, and PaydHealth specialty pharmacy management programs. You can also find the 2022 Employee Benefits Guide, review your medical plan summary documents, visit the UHC website, and check to see if your healthcare providers are in-network and get a head start on setting up your prescriptions for 2022. Information about plans, rates, provider changes, in-network providers, and a list of covered medications are provided in the quick links to the right and on the Benefit Changes and Frequently Asked Questions website.
Vision coverage for 2022 continues to be provided through EyeMed. General questions and issues regarding your vision plan can be addressed to your Apta Care Coordinator. They can also provide contact information or direct you to HR if they are unable to provide assistance with your issue.
If you enroll in vision coverage you will receive an identification card for your EyeMed coverage. You can also set up an account and access coverage information online through the EyeMed portal. Download 2022 vision coverage rates and plan details.
Dental plans remain the same for 2022 and continue to be offered through Delta Dental of Indiana. You can access your dental plan information through the Delta Dental Member portal and review plan details on the Dental Plan Summary of Benefits.
Other Health and Wellness Benefits:
Our benefit offerings don't stop at health insurance plans. We offer the following benefits, among others:
- On-campus wellness resources through the Health and Recreation Complex
- Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts (depending on the chosen medical plan)
- Employee Assistance Program
For more information or questions regarding health and wellness benefits at Butler, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.