Our Approach to Alcohol
The prevalence of alcohol on college campuses is
a reality. Within the framework of one's personal values, Butler
students will make choices about whether to consume or not. The
University provides education about alcohol's effect on the body,
about the potential consequences of use and misuse, and about how
to recognize when someone needs medical intervention. We
encourage students to make safe, healthy and legal
- Incoming students are asked to complete three online modules in
MyStudentBody: Alcohol, Drugs, and
- Within the first week of arriving on campus in August, incoming
students participate in a peer-led conversation entitled
Red Cup Culture to converse about the campus social scene.
- Residence life staff, PAWS/GEAR peer health educators, and Greek leaders host
activities throughout the year.
- Students found responsible for violations of the alcohol policy
may be directed to:
- Online educational modules.
- An in-house alcohol seminar or a mandated alcohol
- The Community Restoration Project, a three-hour campus clean up
- Take the Challenge, a four-hour workshop led by Butler
Challenge Education staff.
Student Alcohol Policy
Student Organizations Events with Alcohol - Guidelines
For More Information
the Vice President for Student Affairs
Education and Outreach Programs