Student Accounts

Federal Aid (Title IV) Student Permission

Effective April 2011, federal regulations require Butler University to apply federal (Title IV) financial aid funds to  "allowable charges" ONLY which are tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board charges contracted with Butler University. 

To apply the remaining federal funds to miscellaneous charges that are posted to the student's account (e.g. bookstore, parking decal, health services) students must grant permission.  To grant permission for federal Titile IV funds to pay all charges posted to their student account, students must log on to their account.  Once logged in, navigate to:

Self Service,  then Student Center

Select View Student Permission link

Select Grant Permissions

Read the Agreement and click NEXT

Click Yes, I have read the agreement


Once the above steps are completed and permission is granted, it is valid for future years.  The permission can only be revoked by the student, via written request submitted directly to the Office of Student Accounts.