Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Staff Assembly Meeting Minutes
GH108 (Attendance - Approximately 74)
Tyler Johnston, Chair, called the meeting to order and welcomed
Employment Affairs -Dana Ohren for Mary Azar
- The suggestion box in Lilly Hall was destroyed. Let Dana know
if there are problems with other boxes across campus.
- Campus Sweep information will be out in the next month. The
event is set for April 27th.
- Personal & Professional Development - Dick Hamm
- The Real Estate Brown Bag will be January 27 in GH108 from
- The Book Review event will be February 9 in AU111 from
- Healthy Horizons Weight Watchers at Work began January 14.
Contact Amy Kutansky with questions
- Photoshop class will be January 29 with Bev Compton
- Outlook Brown Bag is coming soon
Communications - Marsha Endre. Everyone should
have received a paper copy of the newsletter this month. We have
started printing the newsletter again because the BUconnection does
not seem to be as effective at communicating with our
Activities & Socials - Chris Davis
- January 16 was the faculty and staff day at the Men's
- Relay for Life will be March 26-27. Staff will have one team
named Dawg Walkers.
Faculty Relations - Julie Schrader. They will
have a meeting on Friday. Bob Marcus reported that the new profile
information is slowing down on 'Who's That'.
Nominations & Elections - Patti Collip
- They are working on the election schedule
- 3-4 positions available for election
- Staff will receive an email by the end of March
ESL - Coco announced the Conversational Partner
meeting will be tomorrow in AU111.
Ben Hunter - Public Safety
Division of Public Safety - BUPD
- 18 officers - full time patrol
- Academy trained
- Inter-operability with other agencies
- Active shooter and awareness on campus
- Building and division plans
- Weather protocols and warnings
- Fire safety
Environmental Programs and EH&S
- Program manager
- Chemistry and lab safety
- Monitoring inspection audits
- One enforcement officer
- One registrar
- $50 parking
- Meter enforcement and visitor passes
Governed by Jeanne Clery Act - New Clery Act Requirements
- Fire drills and audits of systems for campus housing
- Stronger partnerships
- Annual reporting (in .pdf)
Visibility on Campus
Emergency Preparedness on Campus - Campus Emergency Response
Plan will be in book form and in a .pdf. Once completed, it will be
Revamp web page
Recycle Mania - Dick Hamm -
- The contest started last weekend and will last through March
- There are 500 schools participating.
- Resident Halls and Greek Houses are completing again each
- Eco Dawgs presented a video with a message from Blue.
- There is a trailer of Blue's video through a link on the Staff
- All plastics number 1 through 7 are accepted
- Only bring paper product from home, because there has been too
much contamination from plastics
Two new staff member were introduced and welcomed to Butler.
The next Staff Assembly meeting will be on Wednesday, February
The meeting was adjourned at 2:57 pm.